Power Line Lon Lighting

We are exploring a retrofit of our parking lot lights (56 400wattMH) to powerline lon. Does anyone have any opinions/praises/horror stories they'd like to share?

I think this is the product the contractor is proposing.
    http://www.romlightintl.com/streetrom.pdf
    And a pulse start MH bulb.

Thanks,

sysint?

Am I missing something?
    You have 400W metal halides and that ballast is for 150-250W high pressure sodium.

Anyway,
    Our site is currently converting to HO florescent. We have a small section (~75 miles of roadway) that is utilizing power line LON as a sort of "test" case. By all accounts it's working flawlessly, cost to implement was a fraction of the alternatives (network infrastructure is already in place), and in my opinion there is no better network solution than data over power line for this application.

The energy guys like it because they have 2 photocells to check/maintain vs. one on each lamp or circuit. Maintenance is less, cost was relatively low (SIR was very favorable), and from an IT perspective it was an "easy" solution.

If your site is small enough for wireless there may be other alternatives but for us data over power line is a better solution IMHO. If you are too spread out for a wireless solution I can't see anything but power line networks being economically viable.

D1G

Am I missing something?
    You have 400W metal halides and that ballast is for 150-250W high pressure sodium.
    Oops, I must have posted the wrong link.

Due to the relatively short hours of operation the ROI came in at about 6 years. The contractor said it was a conservative estimate. Have you been able to get any data on the payback yet?

Thanks,

There is no real way to restrict a powerline LON channel. However, this is not an issue with what you want to do as you only need one channel over a small area. The ilon or a powerline/FT router is available for you to put this into your existing LON system. It simply looks like another channel to you.

The other thing to consider is whether your existing fixtures are OK with dimming and also that the total design of the fixture is OK. Manufacturers are getting more light from less wattage just by design.