Condenser Fan Blade

im needing a source for 15 1/2" CW condenser fan blades with a slinger on it,their for thru the wall units,the cheapest i have found was at johnstone & were about $ or so ,may need 10 to start & may end up changing 30-40 by the end of next summer any ideas for a cheaper source ? ,thanks mike243
    Last edited by beenthere; 11-08-2009 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Removed price

We don't talk prices in the open forums.

Please read Site Rules Thank you.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

If you are changing 30-40, you need to re-evaluate your troublshooting skills dude!!!!! Highly unlikey

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by simplyrollin View Post
    If you are changing 30-40, you need to re-evaluate your troublshooting skills dude!!!!! Highly unlikey
    let me tell ya something slick,sometime in the past a maintenance tech put washers & hose clamps behind the fan hubs because after a # of years the plastic wore out,the motors are still in decent shape but the plastic fanblades have a worn out arbor,theres 215 apts ,my troublshooting skills are fine,your quick litlle finger needs to mind its own buisness cause it dont have a clue & the names mike not dude ,mike243

advice

mike let me give you some advice you would do well to follow.
    dont go pissing off the pro members or the mods of this site or you will find youre self banned faster than you can say crap.
    maintenance tech's are known for cutting corners to make things work for the now.
    we both know that is not a proper repair and the pros know it as well.
    i my self would not fix this problem the way the tech did .
    if you did that working for me i would fire you .

Quote Originally Posted by mike243 View Post
    let me tell ya something slick,sometime in the past a maintenance tech put washers & hose clamps behind the fan hubs because after a # of years the plastic wore out,the motors are still in decent shape but the plastic fanblades have a worn out arbor,theres 215 apts ,my troublshooting skills are fine,your quick litlle finger needs to mind its own buisness cause it dont have a clue & the names mike not dude ,mike243

So far. Mike's only rule violation was his price question.

Lets keep it civil.

From the rules.

Welcome to HVAC-Talk.com!

The purpose of HVAC-Talk.com is to provide a fun meeting and learning place for people with an interest in the HVAC/R Industry. Note that while all are welcome, our primary interest is in serving the HVAC Pro and the related industry.

Caution - HVAC-Talk.com is a moderated site. Moderators will delete and edit posts in an effort to keep the site free of DIY, flame wars, insults, crude language, advertising and off-topic replies. Please be polite, professional and helpful in your replies.
    Contractor locator map

sorry if ruffled youre feathers a bit.
    just the way he cut down the pro's advice to do it right pissed me off.
    reminds me of when a computer cliant tells me how to do my job of 25 years.
    when i pay a tech to come to my house i watch and observe thats it.
    i trust the pros thats what youre in the trade for

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    So far. Mike's only rule violation was his price question.

Lets keep it civil.

From the rules.

Welcome to HVAC-Talk.com!

The purpose of HVAC-Talk.com is to provide a fun meeting and learning place for people with an interest in the HVAC/R Industry. Note that while all are welcome, our primary interest is in serving the HVAC Pro and the related industry.

Caution - HVAC-Talk.com is a moderated site. Moderators will delete and edit posts in an effort to keep the site free of DIY, flame wars, insults, crude language, advertising and off-topic replies. Please be polite, professional and helpful in your replies.

i have been doing HVAC for the last 32 years,i only recently took a maintenance job & have had to work on very few thru the wall units in the past,parts for them are not as readily available as a central unit,i seen no advice from any member here other than the mods reprimand about a list price i posted, since that was a public price i didn't think it was too far out of line,my mistake & it wont happen again,can you post the help he offered?,a little blood letting & then folks want to pile on when they dont know anything about the situation ,i reckon i know why i read a lot more on here than i post,you all have a good day,mike243 out

Look for other suppliers that handle what ever brand you have.
    And ask them for bulk pricing, for ordering 10 or more at a time.
    Contractor locator map