Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ice fishing...

Tried it once but the referee gave me an interferance of game penalty. Seems I held up the Zamboni between periods.
    Save me Jebus

Go up to Upper Red Lake on the State owned part. Paper said they were getting pound and a half Crappies. Seems that 8 yrs ago the tribes about wiped out the Walleye population and the crappies took off. Should be some 2 pounders coming out of there too. Saw a four pounder mounted on a bait shop wall on Minnetonka once. But it was caught like 50 yrs ago.

Went out and nailed the Crappie with a coworker and his kid. The little fella pulled in about 7 on his own!

Caught about 50 in 4 hours, not bad. Had a good meal tonight

You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

I should add we kept 28

Originally posted by Chad711

Went out and nailed the Crappie with a coworker and his kid. The little fella pulled in about 7 on his own!

Caught about 50 in 4 hours, not bad. Had a good meal tonight

I said it once I'll say it again. You would of thrown them back in the summer. Seriously clad the kid had fun.

[Edited by itsamine on 12-22-2003 at 10:39 PM]
    Not what it use to be

What a great picture. Seems like only yesterday that my boys were that age.

Looks like fun....

but I don't think I could hang for four hours on the ice!!

Re: Looks like fun....

Originally posted by poppa
    but I don't think I could hang for four hours on the ice!!
    My favorite sport is scuba diving. The new craze up here is diving under the ice on Lake Champlain. There is a certain certification that is needed and they wear a dry suit with winter clothing under it.

They use a chain saw to cut a big triangle in the ice and in they go. I think I'll just save my money and dive the reefs of Florida.

It was about 35 out I had my jacket off most of the day, couldnt beat it. Next weekend, Walleyes..Well make that 2 weekends from now, this weekend Ill be working.

Originally posted by MikeJ
    Go up to Upper Red Lake on the State owned part. Paper said they were getting pound and a half Crappies. Seems that 8 yrs ago the tribes about wiped out the Walleye population and the crappies took off. Should be some 2 pounders coming out of there too. Saw a four pounder mounted on a bait shop wall on Minnetonka once. But it was caught like 50 yrs ago.
    Went there yesterday, WOW huge Crappies!

First time to Red Lake, even though Im from Bemidji, I hadnt had the chance to get there till yesterday. Arrived about 330, fished till 830. Alot of Fish on the screen, slow bite. Wish I would have brought some waxies maybe that woulda worked. But WOW, very nice Crappies. Im sure these are avg. for the lake, but they were the biggest Crappies Ive caught. All were between 12"-13". Very Nice, might head up today again

How thick

is the ice now? We're still fishin out of the boat. It is getting a little cool though, water temp. is 44-45 on the non-power plant lakes. Caught some nice catfish last weekend but struck out this weekend.

Won't be long and the sandbass will be moving into the creeks for the spawn. They are heading that way down around Houston from what I'm told.

Good luck!!! Keep that boy fishin!

Take along some mousies too. Better than waxies. Tiny jighead, very light line. Tease em very slowly. But crappies that big should also love crappie minnows.

Nice fish, you'll get some good fillets out of them.

No wonder you haven't been posting on the intake frosting problem. I don't think Robo believes that they just frost up from air, not from exhaust moisture. You have to see it to believe it, right?

[Edited by MikeJ on 02-08-2004 at 08:42 PM]

Heh yeah Mike I gave up on that thread, I me heck its back to Tee Shirt temps now at +10...

Robo needs to head out here NEXT January and get some real world exp. Actually the people that make Coleman, Nordyne Mobile home furnaces need to see how THOSE crap boxed work in Sota

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast