Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ice fishing...

Well I went for about 1 hour tonight. Damn, its cold. I did catch my first Walleye of the year though, too bad it was the size of a reversing valve. Sorry no pics wasnt worth it !

I gotta get a portable ice house, I still cant feel my pinkie finger dammit..

That is all
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

Well, old Chad, there is not sense going ice fishing unless you have a shanty. Stick your picky in ice water and the feeling will come back. Been there done that.

I heard

walleyes bite in the summer too. Were ya busy or what? It's Dec. ya know.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Talking

Going in the morning after some tiger trout I'll let you know how it goes. I love the cold.

Ice fishing starts Jan 1st in Maine................

.......Lake trout, brookies, brown trout, landlocked salmon,northern pike, cusk, bass, etc.

Smile

never been. lakes don't freeze in mississippi.

When Hell freezes over...

We'll fish there, too.

Talking

Originally posted by Chad711
    Well I went for about 1 hour tonight. Damn, its cold. I did catch my first Walleye of the year though, too bad it was the size of a reversing valve. Sorry no pics wasnt worth it !

I gotta get a portable ice house, I still cant feel my pinkie finger dammit..

That is all
    Clamshell and a Mr. Heater makes the day alot more enjoyable. Going after the perch next Saturday.

I gotta tell this..
    Years back during the Viet-Nam conflict, I was contracted to the Air Force to help in developing the Robert Fulton Recovery system, to rescue downed pilots..
    The method uses a C-130 with a 30 foot Cow-Catcher boom that catches, ties off and cuts a line that goes up to a large balloon and down to the pilot...
    The project went well and every time we got the system working, the Air Force added another task to it...
    Ground pick-up...Whupped it..
    Nite Pick-up...Noooo' problem Just light the lift line and package a 5000 Volt Mallory battery and the pilot can see...Whupped it...
    Water Pick-Up...Go to Point Magu in Cal. and get some Navy seal types to put the dummy in the Lil' raft....Whupped it.
    Water Pick-up at might....Found out real damn quick that the connector Mallory put on the 5000 Volt battery...Not working reaaaaaaal' good in the salt water..Seal team refused to....mess with battery...But..We Whupped it..
    Ice Pick up....Nooo...problem...Fly to Miniot North Dakota and use a frozen Lake....
    As we located the lake in question and made a couple of passes the Ice fisherman were all along the edges in Lil' houses like things...They all were waving and being nice...Till we turned on base leg and started final, Gear down, Full Flaps and Full Reverse on all 4 of the 6000 Horsepower Allisons at the moment of touchdown...Since once the engines were reversed at that power, their was Noooo' visiblity and nose wheel steering was naught, steering was done with assymetrical power of the props..
    After we had stopped, and outboard engines were secured, we could see the damage... We hesitated unloading our IH-Scout with the Recovery packages inside....Most of the .....less secure fishing huts were...not on the lake any longer...Most were now somewhere amongst the tree line...In Little pieces...
    It was amazing to me that once the individuals found out what we were doing...There was absolutely no hard feelings at all.. That's true American spirit...
    After 3 weeks testing on the lake...We Whupped it...
    Ain't "None" of us as smart as "All" of us..

Now that would have been something to see!

I dont know if I would run or not if I had a fish on the line though

Went

to Lake Fork crappie fishin this weekend. No ice but it was a little cool. In the low to mid 40's. Water temp was 52. See some pics at http://www.TEXASFISHINGFORUM.com Look under the crappie fishing headline and go to Fork Tourney. My friend Cliff hosted the tourney.

Why would anyone want to go fishing in the winter and catch what you throw back in the summer? To each his own
    Not what it use to be

Originally posted by itsamine
    Why would anyone want to go fishing in the winter and catch what you throw back in the summer? To each his own
    You obviously havent live in Sota

Not much else to do right now cept work!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast