Question about Trane Heat Pump

We just had our 4 year old Trane heat pump repaired, new expansion valve (TXV) and contactor (previous contactor was all burnt up... scorched). I noticed last night while in bed that our outside heat pump would come on for two-three minutes blowing warm air (80+ degrees at the master bedroom vents... T-Stat set to 68 degrees), then it shuts down. A few seconds later I see the blue/green Aux Heat light on the T-stat come on and the air coming out of the vents speeds up. I'll hear the heat pump outside come back on, but the air coming out of the vents is now droping like a rock from 80+ degrees down to 68-70 degrees. The Aux light stays on for at most 3-4 minutes then goes out. The outside heat pump is still running and I start to see the air temp reading at the register/vent rise from the 68-70 degrees back up to 80+ degrees until the T-Stat is satisfied and shuts off the heat pump. During the night I noticed this happening about ever 4th time the T-Stat would call for heat and the heat pump would come on. All the other times, it doesn't do it. Any ideas? Thanks.

Scott

could be a number of things including;

wired incorrectly,
    back up heat not coming on,
    defrost cycle,
    issue with outdoor unit,
    and/or a combo of the above, plus other stuff.

need to call someone out to get it checked out, probably the last guy/co.

Thanks for the reply... I was out there today and found some screws on the ground, a couple of AN copper type caps, some small rubber cover boots and cut zip ties (trash) next to the heat pump.

I would think there shouldn't be any reason for the backup heat to come on since the room temp was near the set temp and the heat pump just came on for a couple minutes, then shut off and the Aux heat came on for another couple minutes but didn't provide any heat (just the opposite).

I'm thinking wired incorrectly or our continued nightmare saga with our upstairs Trane heat pump and air handler.

Scott

scenario I came across:

3 year old heat pump had an issue within first year.
    homeowner had a friend of friend fix it.
    it started having issues again this year, so he called friend and he told him to change thermostat. this was done, but that was not the problem
    I found that after about 10 minutes of run time the compressor went out on overload and kicked in the emergency heat(light on the stat came on).
    if the temp was above a lock out temp then no back up heat came on, thus just fan blowing.
    so, it could be a single problem or multiple things.

the trash on the ground is unprofessional and I would mention that to them.