Condensation on piping going from Geounit to air handling equipment

Condensation on piping going from Geounit to air handling equipment

I have a unit from ClimateMaster that is handling the heating and the cooling in the house. During the summer, several of the pipes are used for the cooling and are condensating to the point of rusting some of the pumps and levers for the valves. I realize this is mostly cosmetic (right?), but should my contractor have done something differently to avoid wrecking his masterpiece of the rest of his job? It was his first geo job. We did hydronic, a loop in the water heater, cooling for the AC handling. Everything looks first class except this. Thoughts?

Cold water + humidity = condensation
    Valves and pumps are difficult to insulate, a dehumidifier might help too depending on location.

So...every body who uses geothermal for their cooling, has to put up with unsightly rusting and constant dripping? I have a hard time believing someone hasn't come up with some SOP on this problem. Is a dehumidifier standard to go with a geo unit that will also be used for AC? Why don't manufacturers bundle them?

Short answer yes you have to live with it but it can be minimized and should to avoid mold and mildew.

I solved the valve handle rusting problem by removing the valve handles on the isolation valves for the heat pump, since you can't really insulate the handle. I also used a spray foam on the valve body then painted it with plastigrip vinyl coating to protect it. Above and below the valve is foam pipe insulation. I will probably do the same with the circ pump and valve just haven't had time to disassemble it but that water is warmer and less of a problem.

http://www.nucalgon.com/products/aerosol_pipedri.htm

Is a dehumidifier standard to go with a geo unit that will also be used for AC.
    Condensation is NOT unique to geothermal as as matter of fact it occurs in all AC applications. That's why they put condensate pans and drains on AC coils as you cool the coil it pulls moisture from the air.

The less moisture in the air (humidity) the less condensate you get.

You combat condensation 2 ways, insulate and/or lower humidity (dehumidifier)

Basements often have high humidity because they cool. (there are other reasons also)

hows that condensate pump overcome static?