Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who makes the highest seer Heat Pump (Air Cooled)

I'm trying to find out what manufacture currently has the highest seer heat pump 2 ton unit with a AHRI Certification.
    Thanks in advance.

Split or inverter / ductless?

Northwest Arkansas via Chicago Area via Straight Up from There on Lake Superior
    Why not go to the following AHRI web site and play with the parameters to find it?

http://www.ahridirectory.org/ahridir...ultSearch.aspx

I would suggest starting with SEER = 19, HSPF = 10, EER = 13 and BTUH = 22000 Min and 27000 Max Cooling to by far exceed the Energy Star minimum tax credit requirements of:

Split Systems:
    HSPF >= 8.5, EER >= 12.5, SEER >= 15

split system

I just left my local R.E.Michels branch. They are displaying a Broan Heat Pump rated at 22 SEER. It is a split system with the compressor empoying inverter technology. I don,t know much about Broan. Maybe other members of the forum will comment on Broan quality and performance.
    Take Care.
    Stay safe.

yea.. I heard from michels also but you have to go to broans training school for installation. Why I am not sure. install the correct equipment and ref lines and proper duct. whats the problem

Quote Originally Posted by marster37 View Post
    yea.. I heard from michels also but you have to go to broans training school for installation. Why I am not sure. install the correct equipment and ref lines and proper duct. whats the problem
    Control system.

Some of those inverter systems are communicating.
    They probably also teach you how to check if the system is working properly.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Northwest Arkansas via Chicago Area via Straight Up from There on Lake Superior
    Quote Originally Posted by threadcutter View Post
    ... They are displaying a Broan Heat Pump rated at 22 SEER. It is a split system with the compressor empoying inverter technology. I don,t know much about Broan. Maybe other members of the forum will comment on Broan quality and performance.
    That comes up on AHRI search suggested. It appears from parameters that maybe

BROAN=FRIGIDAIRE=MAYTAG(?)=NORDYNE=NUTONE=TAPPAN=W ESTINGHOUSE

That sound likely that all those brands are the same? Their parameters look identical to me.

Broan IQ is a Nordyne product.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

yea , looks like the same units with a iq drive

Other manufacturers make 21 seer units. Probaly not as pricy as the IQ drive, but not cheap.
    And seer is not the only number you need to look at with a heat-pump.
    BTU output, hspf and cop are important factors.
    "Hey Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort." And he says, "there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. - Carl Spackler

Quote Originally Posted by marster37 View Post
    I'm trying to find out what manufacture currently has the highest seer heat pump 2 ton unit with a AHRI Certification.
    Thanks in advance.
    I have a Nordyne brochure that says their IQ Drive heat pump is 24.5 Seer.

Highest SEER HP

Go to http://www.tappan.net/ac-23.asp. It's manufactured by Nordyne, www.nordyne.com. You can click on any of the Premium brands listed, including Tappan, Maytag, Westinghouse, and Frigidaire, to find a Dealer in your area. Nordyne requires Dealer Certification before selling these units.
    I've been certified, and can tell you that this is a fantastic bit of industry-leading technology. Operating costs can compare to closed loop geothermal, with better comfort features, due to the modulating capacity and outputs.
    Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast