Geo help in northeast PA

Hello everyone!
    I am new to this site, so please forgive me if I make any mistakes.
    We have been building a log home for about 4 years. We purchased a dyi geothermal unit in 2005 and since then the company has gone out of business.

basement 1800 sq. ft. concrete insulated forms10"concrete radiant in concrete floor.
    main floor 1800sq. ft. suspended concrete floor(speedfloor) with radiant in 3 1/2" concrete. 10" full round chinked log

upstairs:685 sq ft. forced air (ducts)

Geo units: Tetco esII 4.0DSH which is water to air and W-62 water to water 6.2 tons. Was planned for slinky loop 7 loops at 750' 3/4" pipe. Decided to do vertical bores. Have 2 vertical bores 300' deep each with 1" pipe.

Finally, got a geo contractor to come and look at our situation. It was very hard to find a geo contractor without purchasing the unit from them. He has done a J calc. He says the unit is to large for our home, plus we do not have enough loop field.

So I can either replace the water to water unit with a 4 ton Hydron or sell my whole system I have which is new never ran at all. And purchase a 4 ton combo unit 2 speed.

I have noticed that there are some really good geo people from Pa on here. Can anyone help?

Thank you
    and sorry for such a long post!

Tetco is still in business. Ten tons does seem to be excessive for the size of your house. Did someone recomend this equipment to you?

http://www.tetcogeo.com/

hello:

Yes Mark Ross of Arit. They are now out of business. Just looking for some ideas.

Thanks

When I first started reading your post I said to myself... Over sized heat pump and too small of earthloop.

Obviously you figured that out.

Guess you gotta start fresh.

Hello form Williamsport

hey earthloop hello in Williamsport! yes, I can't decide whether to try the Tetco unit. I know I need more ground loops. I just found out yesterday that the original company never did a J calc. They knew about the thermal mass with logs and decided to oversize the unit. They said something about K factor but then said they did not do a J calc. Now I have gotten 1 J calc done. I may get one more done to be sure.

Thanks

I do geo consulting work and the first thing I ask the customer is did you have a load study done? This is where 90% of the problems are. The house to begin with has to be sealed and insulated. Then a system can be designed properly. Those contractors did the old rule of thumb. Tetco is now owned by EnerTech , Hydon Module.