Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Grind and Brew Coffee maker.

Do any of you have a coffee maker that both grinds and brews the beans? Sounds so cool to me! But..... I dont know if it's just a gimmick or if it makes the best cup ever!
    Last edited by Green Mountain; 11-05-2009 at 08:24 PM.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    Do any of you have a coffee maker that both grinds and brews the beans? Sounds so cool to me! But..... I dont know if it's just a gimmick or if it makes the best cup ever!

They are pretty good. But they are hard to clean and messy. (you know I buy all the gadgets.).

My sister got one of those Kueig coffee makers. You put a little cup of coffee grinds in the machine and it makes one cup. This is good for me because the WD doesn't drink coffee so there is no left over.

We not have one for the office and one at home. You can get the coffee refills from www.coffeecow.com for cheap.

No Doubt, Made in China, you'll have nothing but problems. Get yourself a real Coffee Maker, made in USA. Bunn makes 10 cups in 3 minutes, thermal crafe rugged enough to go in dishwasher. Have come home at end of work day, coffee is still warm and in good enough shape to reheat in microwave.

get the hot shot boils a cup in 10 seconds

Mr.Coffee has one that supposed to be decent.

I have a Cuisinart that works very good!!

agree with flavat75
    Joe Watkins
    Advertisment link removed by mods

I have used the Cuisinart:

Cuisinart DGB-900BC Fully Automatic Burr Grind & Brew Thermal Coffeemaker

It works very well. You can find it for about half list price at Amazon and elsewhere. You can program it to grind and brew in the morning. It's great! The grinder wakes you up and then you smell the coffee brewing. I have burned out about three of these and earlier models. They last about two years or so for me. It will brew up to 12 cups at a time.

Now ... if you are really serious about coffee go for this one:

DELONGHI ESAM3500 MAGNIFICA SUPER AUTO EXPRESSO MACHINE

It's making a cup of coffee for me right now!

I found it on EBay but it is still expensive.

But .... you can make one cup at a time. It's a whole different concept from making coffee by the pot. It really works well. You have complete control over the volume and how strong the coffee is. The grounds are turned into little pucks and you just empty the bin every 10 cups or so. I only use distilled water in the machine so I have had no problems with it.

Coffee is my only vice at this point so ....

French Press!

Get a French Press. The problem with a lot of coffee makers is the paper filter strains out the oils. It tastes a little different but once you try it you'll never go back to a coffee maker.

If you really like good fresh coffee look into roasting your own beans. There are a couple really good internet sites if you're interested. I started roasting myself a couple years ago and have never looked back!!

Thumbs up French press

Quote Originally Posted by steelersfan1 View Post
    Get a French Press. The problem with a lot of coffee makers is the paper filter strains out the oils. It tastes a little different but once you try it you'll never go back to a coffee maker.

If you really like good fresh coffee look into roasting your own beans. There are a couple really good internet sites if you're interested. I started roasting myself a couple years ago and have never looked back!!
    The best coffee comes from a french press. I grind fresh beans and use a french press every morning. It is awesome.
    Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    "Some customers are more interested in comfort than energy savings"
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

The biggest thing is the grinder. If the coffee is ground right that makes the largest difference.

I just buy this crap now.
    Saves time and I need no machine at all.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

I just buy this crap now.
    Saves time and I need no machine at all.
    That stuff is good. I was given some by my sister in-law to try. I carry a few packets in my briefcase and use it to rev up restraunt coffee when needed.
    Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    "Some customers are more interested in comfort than energy savings"
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast