Old Trane Tracker System Need Troubleshooting info

We took over a older building with a Trane Tracker. I have never worked with a tracker system. I cannot see any ports to tie in to communicate with a laptop. Can you tie into the com bus itself directly to communicate that way & if so what software is needed.Rover? Right now there is a thermostat comm error shows up every now & then. but, does not give any identifying information on which zone it is. I am looking for any troubleshooting information that I can get my hands on....

Thank you in advance, Chet

Here is the Tracker Panel Info:
    Model Number: A13650528-02
    VASTAT4DSC00
    Serial Number: E99H11771
    REV: 8
    Installed in 1999

Older Tracker panels had an RJ-12 jack on the circuit board that is only accessible by opening the panel. HyperTerminal can be used to access data. Very early models did not have these jacks. It was not unusual to see occasional comm errors. You may want to check the comm bus terminals on the last controller on the network. There must be a terminating resistor on these terminals, I think something like 52.5 ohms. If it is not there you will experience comm errors.
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers

Quote Originally Posted by Chet1508 View Post
    Here is the Tracker Panel Info:
    Model Number: A13650528-02
    VASTAT4DSC00
    Serial Number: E99H11771
    REV: 8
    Installed in 1999
    Well based on this it is not going to be a LON link so the ohms is not going to matter. Looks like an old Tracker Stat4.

Might you be able to get the UCM version off of one of the VAV's?

Quote Originally Posted by Webbyz View Post
    Well based on this it is not going to be a LON link so the ohms is not going to matter. Looks like an old Tracker Stat4.

Might you be able to get the UCM version off of one of the VAV's?
    The comm3 side of the tracker would occasionally require that you use i believe 100-500 ohm resistor (maybe 52 works) when you had a really short link (sub 500 feet) or long link (greater than couple thousand). So i think dapper was talking about that.

I think you need to tell us what equipment you have on that tracker. Do you have comfortmanagers/ccp's, cv rtu's, tcm, etc.. for us to help you a little more.