I have a vangaurd direct vent fireplace we recently installed. The remote control is acting inconsistant. When it is set on "on" the unit will run for a while 15,20,30 minutes or so then the burner will shut down. The pilot remains
    lit at this time, press the on button and the unit comes back on. I've put fresh batteries in the remote. Any ideas on what to check? thanks
    I have my own little world. But it's OK...they know me here.

One possibility: If this is a radio frequency remote, something else could be turning the unit off. I had one near an airport that would act erractically whenever a jet would land. Jets were rare, so it took a while to figure out.
    If it is RF, there may be DIP switches you can adjust to change the frequency. Just make sure the reciever matches the transmitter.
    Some recievers have a thermal limit built in. If this unit has a fan, does the problem happen more with the fan off or on?

Talking

Originally posted by tpitt
    One possibility: If this is a radio frequency remote, something else could be turning the unit off. I had one near an airport that would act erractically whenever a jet would land. Jets were rare, so it took a while to figure out.
    If it is RF, there may be DIP switches you can adjust to change the frequency. Just make sure the reciever matches the transmitter.
    Some recievers have a thermal limit built in. If this unit has a fan, does the problem happen more with the fan off or on?
    Sorry, wrong forum.

<<I have a vangaurd direct vent fireplace we recently installed. The remote control is acting inconsistant. When it is set on "on" the unit will run for a while 15,20,30 minutes or so then the burner will shut down. The pilot remains
    lit at this time, press the on button and the unit comes back on. I've put fresh batteries in the remote. Any ideas on what to check? thanks
    >>

The most common reason the main burner on gas fireplaces wont turn on reliablu is that they need maintenance work. It's probably not the remote control.

Often times there is a manual on/off switch on the fireplace or the remote control receiver ---you can try that.

Seattle Pioneer