Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Hmm Goodman replacement part - how long to get one?

When a component (coil, blower, etc.) in a Goodman HVAC system goes out, during the manufacturer's warranty, how long does it usually take to get the replacement component?

Does the contractor have to order it from the factory?

From their distributor. who may or may not have it in stock. If not in stock, the distributor has to order it from the factory.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Its about the same for all brands they try to keep it in stock (new unit not working makes contractor and dealer look bad). Are you preparing for failure or dealing with it?

Sounds like he's preparing for the warranty he'll be using!
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnery Sergeant Hartman View Post
    Sounds like he's preparing for the warranty he'll be using!
    You got it. The tech said, on Tuesday, that the blower is causing vibration in the heat mode. It's in warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by john-hvac-new View Post
    You got it. The tech said, on Tuesday, that the blower is causing vibration in the heat mode. It's in warranty.
    when you get it fixed you can answer your question and let us know...

with every manufacturer it really depends on what part it is and how popular that unit is in your area. another factor is how many other models use that same part.

with brands that you are dealing with a distibutor instead of right with the manufacturer it depends on how competent the distibutor is. some will support the brand and stock a good supply of parts, some only want to stock units and you wait forever for parts.

When a component (coil, blower, etc.) in a Goodman HVAC system goes out, during the manufacturer's warranty, how long does it usually take to get the replacement component?

Does the contractor have to order it from the factory?
    Did you purchase this unit off the 'net?
    Or did the service company, purchace & install it?

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Did you purchase this unit off the 'net?
    Or did the service company, purchace & install it?
    The system was installed by an authorized Goodman contractor. The same contractor that is getting the replacement blower.

The system was installed by an authorized Goodman contractor. The same contractor that is getting the replacement blower.
    OK then. There really shouldn't be a big problem getting those parts. I wouldn't think.

The reason I asked the original question is, some folks buy their own equipment off the 'net. Everything is fine until a part fails under warranty. Then, they find out those parts are almost impossible to obtain, being a home owner.

Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    when you get it fixed you can answer your question and let us know...

with every manufacturer it really depends on what part it is and how popular that unit is in your area. another factor is how many other models use that same part.

with brands that you are dealing with a distibutor instead of right with the manufacturer it depends on how competent the distibutor is. some will support the brand and stock a good supply of parts, some only want to stock units and you wait forever for parts.
    One of the things the installing contractor used as a selling point for this system was that Goodman parts were "stocked locally and easy to get".

So far (coil and blower) it seems like at least these particular parts are not not stocked locally. It took several weeks to get a replacement indoor coil and its looking like the same will be true for the blower.

The system is three years old.

One of the things the installing contractor used as a selling point for this system was that Goodman parts were "stocked locally and easy to get".

So far (coil and blower) it seems like at least these particular parts are not not stocked locally. It took several weeks to get a replacement indoor coil and its looking like the same will be true for the blower.

Honestly, sometimes the coils aren't available until the factory has a production run. So, in fact, it could be a week or two. And I work in Houston, where the factory is located. These things do happen occasionally. The blower wheel? Seems like that should be an in stock item.

You get what you pay for...
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

I talked with the installing contractor this morning. He has decided that Goodman won't warranty the part (blower) because it doesn't make enough noise. I had to call him to find this out.

He refuses to come out on a warm afternoon, any afternoon, when the vibration is much louder. He's too busy to schedule anything like that. If, at some time in the future, he happens to be near my house - and it’s warm outside - he may call me to meet him.

I don’t think it’s a blower problem. It’s something to do with the new coil. The vibration (in heat mode only) started after he installed the new indoor coil last month.

The coil housing and the supporting 2x4 on the outlet side of the coil vibrates. The small diameter copper line also vibrates (only in heat mode) all the way from the outdoor unit up to the face of the indoor unit. The vibration travels up the support straps, to the floor joists and into the living area. It’s an annoying noise and strong enough to cause an early failure. It has blown out the UV bulb once already.

I set an appointment for Wednesday afternoon with a different Goodman contractor (best BBB record, NATE techs). They say that they can do in-warranty work for Goodman without my getting advance approval from Goodman.

I’d appreciate any advice you guys have. Thanks.

Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast