+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Verizon, what a joke!

Post Likes

Verizon, what a joke!

Anybody else deal with these fools?

Sometime last year I went to the auto pay system. They started the service and I had no problems then one month I get a late payment charge along with past due payments.

But it's auto pay so how can I get a late charge cause they are the ones who make the payment automatically out of my account!

A simple phone call should correct this, right? The average wait was around 15 minutes or more including 2 to 5 minutes of being switched to a continous electronic voice selection.

Finally reaching a phone tech I was told that they had no way to look at my payments as they only delt with new services and continued to tell me about additional deals that they could sell me. Why am I going to purchase more from you when I can't reach anyone who is in charge, I ask. They continue to recite they promotions along with telling me I need to cal the 1-800 number, which is how I got them after a long wait, to get the info I needed.

This went on for 3 months including letters to their main office from me. And for 3 months I would come home to warning in answering machine messages saying I'm behind in this payment and they are going to come get me. BTW, the late fee was less than 10 bucks, as I remember.

After 4 months I gave up because I litterly spent at least two weeks of total time in calling, writing and returning their messages per their instructions.

So now, one year latter, I won't let them touch my checking account through auto pay but I have a question about all the fees being charged on my bill. So I call again. Five minutes go by with a ton of buttons pushed only to be told that there is a 6 minute wait to talk to a real person.

Enough, I'm firing them, if I can which actually may be impossible the way they have constructed their abuse of customer system, and switching.

Problem is, what telephone company is better? Anybody?
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    Try these guys
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/

We're about to switch to V from Comcast but they are all pretty much the same.

When I called the help line for my mortgage company, one time there was a buzz saw noise [injected into the line by them, I think] so I had to hang up. Another time there was an echo; when I ignored it they pointed it out to me. See 'injected' above.
    I've never heard these noises on a phone line before, not in my whole life.

Another trick is that you write them a complaint letter but they reply by phone; that way you don't have a record of their side of the conversation.

If you write to your state's attorney and shame him/her into doing something about this, the company may behave themselves for a while, but they will want to take revenge on you, as an example to others who would dare question their methods.

Post Likes
    I've had Verizon before with no problems . I've had T Mobile for six years now , with no problems. T Mobile really made me feel the wanted my business. The few times I did need customer service, never more than a three or four minute wait. If it was going to be more than five minutes, they called me back when it was my turn. It's not easy to make me happy. So far, T Mobile has. Even after the hurricane last year, I was only without service less than twenty-four hours. I really can't say anything bad about 'em.

Post Likes
    Thing is I don't have any problems with Verizon until I need to do a simple question call. I know that they wore me down on the late fee and they won which means they are taking money from a lot of their other customers too.

This time all I wanted was an explanition of the extra this and that fees that they are charging.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.

Post Likes
    i have had Verizon wireless for about 10 yrs and Verizon FiOS for about 3. No problems here. I have a rule though..no automatic bill pay for anything. I have know countless people get over charged or late pay on that stuff. Not just Verizon but also with gas bills and even house payments. Guy i work with got a call from the bank..u are two months late on your house payment. they kept denying that he had auto bill pay..his checking account was at the same bank.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    Thing is I don't have any problems with Verizon until I need to do a simple question call. I know that they wore me down on the late fee and they won which means they are taking money from a lot of their other customers too.

This time all I wanted was an explanition of the extra this and that fees that they are charging.
    Silly question. Have you tried emailing them yet?
    Maybe ask for a supervisor to call you back. Hey, it could happen.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Silly question. Have you tried emailing them yet?
    Maybe ask for a supervisor to call you back. Hey, it could happen.
    I actually did that a few times on the late fee problem and I did get a bunch of replys. Finally ended up with a pretty nice lady who gave me her desk extension. She told me that all the payments were done in another building or part of the company and it was very hard for her to actually get an info due to privacy and security reasons. So I asked her how she could help me then if she was the one I was suppose to talk to....seriously, she told me I would have to call the 1-800 number to get any of my questions answered!!!!!

I told her that is how I reached he in the fist place..and this was about my 10th time calling and everyone told me I would have to call the 1-800 number in order to get my question answered.

Myton Python must run this place. Truth be told most all places are like this. It's wear the customer down.

Go ahead. Call for yourself to just ask a simple question....10800-8threeseven-fourninesixsix

Post Likes
    I'm with wirenut. No auto pay on anything. Period.

I'll take a pass on calling that 800 number. But thanks anyway.

Post Likes
    No auto pay for anything. I don't trust those jacktards or any other company with my acct. info. They will get their money when I mail the check to them period.

Post Likes

Verizon Store, always !

Been a Verizon customer since they were AirTouch(ed). Wasted may hours on the Phone with their Phone interference system.

Learned the hard way.....Go to a verizon store, be nice but firm. They will almost always get your problem resolved, On the Spot ! The people at the store's are sales people, they know they better help you or they will loose business (money) if they don't. The best one I have ever been to was one at Louis-Joliet Mall (old name) off of Hwy 55 in Joilet Il. those people are the best I have ever dealt with, Exceptional people !

We are now a "Premier" customer, probably cause we put up a Big Stink the last time we had a problem. I quit calling a couple of years ago, it was always a waste of time.

Get off of auto pay and make them send you a bill.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !
    You cannot protect the Stupid from themselves !
    "Experience is the ability to recognize a mistake Before you make it again!" (Stolen Quote)

Post Likes
    I have never auto paid anything. NEVER. Paper trails are very handy. And I deliver in person when I can. USPS lost 2 mortgage payments. Fortunately, it was mortgaged through a family trust and we worked it out with no problems. I still hand-carry my electric, credit card, and hospital bill and get a receipt. Many a giant has been slain with a little piece of paper with "Paid" stamped on it.

I currently have Verizon not by choice but by virtue of them buying out All-Tel. That ticked me off. But the first little slip up and I'll be paying the local reps a personal visit with the order to correct the problem within 15 minutes or close the account...up to them, I don't care which way it happens. Damn phones ain't nothin' but a leash anyway.

Are you feelin' me, Verizon?
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Post Likes
    I've got sprint and I love them, ecellent customer service. I pay $100 a month and that includes unlimeted everything including walkie talkie and internet. I've had them for 2 years and my bill has always been the same every month.

Post Likes
    Have sprint only once had an issue with them on a doa blackberry, they wouldn't take it back and wanted me to go to blackberry for a warranty, for some reason the phone person was dumb. Though from personal experience with comcast once I get the hint that they wont give me what I want I just say thank you, transfer me to account retention please. Tell person that answers the phone what I want he says well thats stupid and no reason to lose your account over you'll see a new phone tomorrow.

Now comcast on the other hand thats the first thing out of my mouth, I want another hd box. Thats 15 bucks a more a month, that's crazy send me to cancellation department I dont want your service no more ...here's a free hd box. Which reminds me I just saw a spike on my bill, i need to go cancel it for the 20th time.
    Global Warming or: None like it hot
    No pleasure, no rapture, no exquisite sin greater... than central air. -Dogma

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger93rsl View Post
    I've got sprint and I love them, ecellent customer service. I pay $100 a month and that includes unlimeted everything including walkie talkie and internet. I've had them for 2 years and my bill has always been the same every month.
    That $100 makes my $24 look like chump change.

Post Likes
    I use auto pay for my wireless broadband and have had no probs

Post Likes
    I've had to get my Credit Card number changed to keep media services from collecting on equipment that was returned with expired contracts. I have a judgement against one, they settled out of court with the agreement of non-discloser................ I'm still waiting for the check, six years later, and it's still on my credit report for N.P. breach of contract.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by screwonbudnik20 View Post
    I use auto pay for my wireless broadband and have had no probs
    No problems so far

Post Likes

Angry

My experiences with Verizon have been pretty sad. Ihave so many dead zones, that I'm fed up with them and I'm looking for another provider. Maybe its because they filed for bankruptcy.

Post Likes
    Verizon did what?? where did u hear this? I know several "sub companies" that runs Verizon land lines have filed but not the wireless or parent company

Post Likes
    I've had Verizon for about 8 years with no major problems at all. I agree also, NO auto pay. I only use their store locations not the 1-800 #. Seems they have a better coverage area here in Texas.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in