+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Filter Graveyard

Post Likes
    Bet you always wondered what happened to dead filters!

Frank

[Edited by Boss on 12-29-2003 at 01:43 PM]

Post Likes
    Hey they make more insulation................

Post Likes
    Atleast they are changing them.

Post Likes

Thumbs down

And add to the fire load.

Post Likes
    Saw that on an oil furncae change out in a crawl. The filters were decomposing behind the furncae along with a collection of oil filters for aroma.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Post Likes
    Hey, you've seen my boss'es handiwork!?! He must really get around. He's been installing and maintaining some systems for 25 years or more and even takes on the task of changing the filters a couple times per year on some of them. Well, if you go to do service or a changeout on these systems, there are piles of dirty filters lying everywhere. This is especially maddening in a wet crawl space where the mold factor is a respiratory nightmare. I once made the mistake of making rude comments about whoever had been changing the filters out without realizing that it was him. I think I hurt his feelings or something . This kind of stuff is just plain lazy and inexcusable, even if it's mostly harmless. You carried a filter to the AH/furnace, so why not carry the dirty one back out? He and I just don't think and work alike at all. Seeing this pile of filters reminded me of how many piles I've come across. It is good to know that filters are being changed, but why can't they take the old one to the trash!

Post Likes

Talking

Leave the old filters. The homeowner paid for them so technically they belong to them. You could be charged with theft if you remove them.

Post Likes
    more for the rats to live in

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in