+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What controls the Temperatures???

Post Likes

Talking

It's been a while since I was on, but I also got some good info here. Thanks for the thread vin, and the questions.

Btw, I'm an 'ol control guy and no, I don't have all the answers!

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes

5-7 psi is way too high

Although it would almost certainly never be reached anyway.

Nonetheless; I would set the control for about 1 psi.

If you can't heat the house with one psi - you have other issues. Most steam systems get AFU because people think that more steam is better. What you want to focus on is:

1. Venting out all the air quickly.

2. Good, smooth, easy condensate return.

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Vinpadalino View Post
    Talk.com is to provide a fun meeting and learning place. LEARNING place BOB maybe you should read that instead of preaching it lol. I just asked what controls the temp on a steam boiler. All hell broke out. I goggled it and found it's the psi switch that is set 5-7 psi on this residential oil fired steam boiler no tankless. I have a job coming up with my boss and some other guys from the company I just wanted a little a little back round on the unit and the controls. I thought the control section would be the best place for advice.
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in