Thread: Bacnet IP

Confused Bacnet IP

I have a job where I have multiple FX-60 all going back to a FX Server. I have to integrate a server for Phoenix fume hood controls bacnet over IP. What is the best way to do this. I would like the end user see everything on the OWS as one. Any ideas

just license one of the FX60s for Bacnet, add in an IPPort under the BacnetNetwork and bring in the Phoenix points to the FX60 Bacnet/IP. It actually should be pretty easy. From there you can create your px pages under your supervisor keep it all under the one front end

Since it's BACnet IP the supervisor computer can actually perform the integration as long as it is properly licensed. Just need to be on the same IP network.

I have the IP port set up, but when I go to add a bacnet device manually I dont see any where to put the IP address. Do I just do a discover and it finds it. Also all me devices are going to be on the building lan. Is that going to make my fx see the Ip of my server. Ive done MSTP bacnet but this is the first time Im doing it over IP. I trying to understand the practice behind it.

Do a discover. If it can see the device it will pop up in the device manager.

I haven't messed with this in a while but I do remember that BACnet over Ethernet was somewhat easier. If you can't get BACnet IP to work you might try adding an ethernet port under you networks. Just make sure that you disable the IP Port and enable the Ethernet port.

When I brought in a McQuay chiller into a Jace with Bacnet IP, I plugged it into the Jace secondary port, so there were no IP conflicts.
    There's a lot to know.

Beer,
    To discover the McQuay did you do an auto discovery or manual. When I try to do a manual discovery I dont see any where to put in an IP address.

Any body else have any info on how to bring bacnet ip over to an FX 60

I did a auto discovery. I remember the process was pretty straight forward, but I had to play with the bacnet settings before it discovered the device.
    There's a lot to know.

I will give it a shot. Thanks.