Thread: i-Vu Question

Smile i-Vu Question

Is there a way to set a dynamic icon that shows the sun during the day and the moon at night?
    Also, is there a way to show that same icon reflecting the current weather condition? Meaning partly cloudy, clear skies etc. I am using my broadcasted OA temp as the current temp but it would be nice to have the icon reflect the skies condition. I would also like to link current humidity but I dont have a humidity sensor on site. Can I link from a weather site?
    Thank you all!

You could always use static pictures and do a hide/show on each picture depending on the OA conditions.

For the humidity sensor, you can link to the weather channel, accuweather, etc. using the SOAP interface...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by control_8 View Post
    You could always use static pictures and do a hide/show on each picture depending on the OA conditions.

For the humidity sensor, you can link to the weather channel, accuweather, etc. using the SOAP interface...
    Thanks Control8-
    Is there any way that you can give me specifics on both of these steps?
    I am very new to ivu and barely learned how to link points. How do I link to the weather channel?

I typically use WeatherBug Widgets on my front screen to show the current local weather conditions. Below is a link, just drop the code they provide into an HTML [from the toolbar].

A toggle button will also work to change from day to night. You will need to map a variable for the toggle button for it to change

I havent used the SOAP, I am also interested in more info on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

Smile

Thanks Balibe