Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

customer was mad

Customer didn't like me for shuting down their unit because the heat x was shot
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Did yo ask them if they would rather be dead?

No but she said its working and now your telling me its not right

atta boy

Nice going.....

I once showed a rotted out cell to a home owner and to prove to her it was rotted I pushed a pocket screw driver thru the metal. She freaked and said "you put a hole in my heater"........

I shut it off and said look once I leave I don't care what you do, sign here..

B!tch I thought to myself..........

i love those carriers..so easy to inspect. Changed one HX this morning and failed another this afternoon.

I just give them a choice:

I can shut it down, or I will call the gas co (law in GA), and they will shut the gas off until you prove it is fixed... They usually go with me.

And YES, they MUST sign here _____________ .
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I have shut down a few, one guy had another company come out and turn it back on. We had the inspector come out and he freaked out, the guy that turned it back on lost his ticket for a period and the home owner lost all the gas cause the inspector had the gas turned off to the home. The homeowner now had no fireplaces for heat and no hot water, I just laughed at them and told them not to bother me.

Other lady freaked that I put her kids in the cold when it was working before I got there, I told I probably just saved your lives and she was like we CO detectors in the house. I said maybe you trust your life to a CO detector but I wont trust my license to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Juleous View Post
    I have shut down a few, one guy had another company come out and turn it back on. We had the inspector come out and he freaked out, the guy that turned it back on lost his ticket for a period and the home owner lost all the gas cause the inspector had the gas turned off to the home. The homeowner now had no fireplaces for heat and no hot water, I just laughed at them and told them not to bother me.
    Yeah, you're not supposed to put an appliance back into service once it's been locked out here. The only person who can do that is the person who originally placed the tag, and that's only if it's been repaired or replaced. But then again, I work for a large company that adhers to all those crazy codes and laws out there, which is great because the motto is cover thy ass.
    Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

Once was out at 9:00 pm to meet strip mall owners, maintenance guy, and plumbers to find a sulphur smell in a runners shop. I was pulling RTU tops and the plumbers were smoking the pipes. Lo and behold the trane Ycc for the shop had 2 hx. tubes split wide open, shut it down. Shop owner said " You can't leave me without heat!". Took him to the roof and showed him, "You can't shut it off!",. I asked, do you smoke? "Hell no I'm a runner!". Expained Co and he said,Ok.Ok. leave it off. Went back with the property manager the next day and found the unit back on. Capped the gas,removed the power, on order of prop. manager. Idgit moved out, after replacing hx duoto stopped up filters. Oh, buy the way the plumbers smoke test turned up a cracked sewer pipe under the toilet, that's why he was smelling farts, not the A/C.

You know with the current economic situation I was praying the idiot factory would get downsized.

I must be dreaming.

Confused

It's nuts how people don't care about CO. Every winter you about CO deaths on the news. My neighbors son has a cracked HX and it's not a big deal to them. It's a money thing and told them they could pay in installments or with credit card. They are thinking about it!!!!

i always cut W1 and W2, turn off the gas and red tag it. I document what i did and why i did it and get it signed.

I love it, they call you... the professional... to come check their equipment to tell them if it is working correctly and SAFE. You find a life threatening issue and they get mad at you as if you were not doing your job. Soooo do they want you to just gloss over the cracked heat exchanger and just pretend everything is ok? Why don't they just mail over my diagnostic charge and I'll mail back a invoice saying it is working good! I could charge a cheaper price too, I can work out of my home, no van, gas, insurance, etc.

Ive had the same upset customers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast