Viewbuilder Software

Does anyone know if Carriers Viewbuilder software is user friendly and if you can use it to design a floorplan from scratch?

Once you get use to it, I feel it is very user friendly. It comes with a good selection of HVAC graphics & animations.

Try to use it with a monitor resolution higher than 1024x768, that way you can have the Tools, System & Control Properties windows open and off to the side. If not, it is a pain to open/close/move them out the way.

There are drawing tools for lines, boxes and circles with color, fill, thickness, etc. I have not used them for floorplans. I typically use AutoCAD for floorplans and save them as a JPEG for use in ViewBuilder.

Not sure what you are going to be building. i-Vu will generate its own graphic for most of the newer devices like a VAV, 3V, PLink, GenII/III, etc. I typically just use the ones generated and modify them to the job. On comfort controllers, older chillers, PSIO's etc you will need to build the graphics from scratch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

Smile

Thanks Balibe-
    I am very new to i-Vu and CCN for that matter. I am self training (with your help and a few others on this message board of course) and already got my first site from scratch online.
    I don't have Autocad nor do I know how to use it. For future projects I may have to rely on others to set up my floorplans so that I can add to them on Viewbuilder. My site looks pretty generic, so I would like to make them look a little more professional in the future.