+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cantherm

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Cantherm

Just registered tonight & this is my first post so bear with me. I just got called out by a new customer wanting me to try to repair her Cantherm Geo system M#DUO520.This system uses one additional air handler with a hot water coil for heating. Seperate t- stats for both. Relay panel mounted on wall for system control. oh yeah also used to heat domestic hot water for home. On a call for heat the seperate air handler won't bring on geo unit. Believe me this is a cobbled up mess, disconnected wires hanging everywhere & home owner doesn't know why. And of course no unit literature or wiring skematics are available. Wondering if anyone can help locate info on this system. Looking at replacement just trying to buy some time.

Post Likes
    Evogreen.ca

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyman View Post
    Just registered tonight & this is my first post so bear with me. I just got called out by a new customer wanting me to try to repair her Cantherm Geo system M#DUO520.This system uses one additional air handler with a hot water coil for heating. Seperate t- stats for both. Relay panel mounted on wall for system control. oh yeah also used to heat domestic hot water for home. On a call for heat the seperate air handler won't bring on geo unit. Believe me this is a cobbled up mess, disconnected wires hanging everywhere & home owner doesn't know why. And of course no unit literature or wiring skematics are available. Wondering if anyone can help locate info on this system. Looking at replacement just trying to buy some time.
    I think I have an old Cantherm binder kicking around somewhere, tune in tomorrow, or even try clicking on my profile and email me
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Post Likes
    it looks like the 520 was capable of hot water on demand and not merely a desuperheater.

So on demand it could put all of its heat into making domestic hot water or to heat a swimming pool or aq hydronic zone. Looks like it could actually heat the air zone plus a hydronic zone at the same time

Email me, its in my profile, I will scan it what I have for you

EDITTED IN: Saw that you emailed, scanning now for you
    Last edited by Carnak; 11-01-2009 at 01:41 PM.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

Post Likes
    should be good to go now

I photocopied that stuff about 15 years ago, was probably 10 years old then

Post Likes

cantherm

Homeowner said unit was originally purchased to heat pool water & condition space where pool was to be built. Never installed pool so used system to heat water for second zone heating system. System also has relay pannel mounted on wall with about 8-10 plugin relays , no name or m# listed looks factory built. do you know if this would be standard with cantherm?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyman View Post
    Homeowner said unit was originally purchased to heat pool water & condition space where pool was to be built. Never installed pool so used system to heat water for second zone heating system. System also has relay pannel mounted on wall with about 8-10 plugin relays , no name or m# listed looks factory built. do you know if this would be standard with cantherm?
    Have you received a soft copy of the manual from Carnak?

Post Likes
    Hi weiman,
    May I get a copy of that Cantherm stuff if you still gave it?
    My email addy is in my profile I think.
    Thanks!
    -mark

Post Likes
    Anyone know where I can locate a heat exchanger (or a suitable sub) for a Cantherm (1986 Vintage) Heat pump? ANy info woulkd be appreciated

Post Likes
    check your junk mail folder, maybe there are three emails with a total of 15 MB attached on the cantherms

Post Likes
    can I have a copy as well?

Post Likes
    I scanned it all in for the other guy, emailed it, never heard anything back. I deleted the email do not really recall where I saved it. Not going through the ordeal of re-scanning.

Post Likes
    Thank you for your reply. Could you do me a big favor by checking your email sent folder to see if you saved a copy of that sent out email? Thanks a lot!

Post Likes
    I have some schematics.

Post Likes
    Looking for a Heat Exchanger for an old Cantherm (ASEA) furnace. Anyone???

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in