Siemens and Network 8000 GCM

DOes anyone know how Siemens would take over an Invyensys Network 8000 GCM? Do they comm to the GCM and leave it in place or do they remove the GCM and communicate on the ASD wire? Local branch is going back door on one of my customers to try to take over. I need to get informed and put a stop to it.
    Currently, customer has Network 8000 and Honeywell EBI front ends. I have been doing some controls service for them and trying to let me put in Tridium a little at a time. Customer is very leary of a 3rd control system on campus, so I haven't been pushing to hard. Somehow Siemens has gotten to them and they are interested in what they are saying. I need to get the correct information so that the customer doesn't get mislead by a slick salesman and locks in the customer.

In order for them to integrate to a Siemens system the best/easiest way to do it would be to install a TAC ENC/UNC with the ASD driver, (TAC branded Jace), remove the GCM and replicate global programming in the jace, then export the points out of it Bacnet/IP into the Apogee system. (More or less what you plan on doing except the export Bacnet/IP part)

Quote Originally Posted by justjohnson View Post
    In order for them to integrate to a Siemens system the best/easiest way to do it would be to install a TAC ENC/UNC with the ASD driver, (TAC branded Jace), remove the GCM and replicate global programming in the jace, then export the points out of it Bacnet/IP into the Apogee system. (More or less what you plan on doing except the export Bacnet/IP part)
    I think you nailed that one on the head bud.

Thanks.

Further research revealed that Siemens has their own apogee to net 8000 driver. Looks like they go rs-485 to rs-232 to the GCM. good news for me.

Again, thanks for the info.