Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DIY Install gone bad

They had a gas leak, too bad they caught it, best thing that could happen to this mess would be an nice big BOOM!

Try to count how many things you can see wrong here.....
    http://s896.photobucket.com/albums/a...view=slideshow

There are 15 pics in all, click in the upper left corner for the next one and so forth
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

wow, I just ruined my laptop screen with magic marker circling all the things that dont belong! nice slideshow

That was one of the craziest installs I've ever seen. Did each room have it's own return?

Honestly I did not even check, I saw the mess, and just shook my head and threw up my hands. The only fix for this thing is to tear it all out and start over.

It's a empty house, bank owned. The utility co shut down the furnace due to a gas leak on the gas tight at the furnace. They (bank) had me come out and repair the leak and fire it back up to keep the pipes form freezing. I told them that they need to have someone check on the place every other day, because this furnace may very well fail at any time for any number of reasons. There is water dripping down the vent and onto the top of the unit, there is enough restriction that it could go out on high limit, no filter, and over fired. I was only authorized to repair the gas leak and fire it up for now.
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

A lot of work went into making that mess.

What an unfortunate mess.
    Buy American! The job you save may be your own.

THAT'S AN AWESOME JOB! FOR A fall down drunk ac guy having his worst day ever who sucks at life!

That entire thing needs to be pulled out and redone what a cluster fu%k.

So.....did it work ok after you fixed the leak?

What brand is that anyway? Looks like the plenum transition came from a custom metal shop.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

WOW!! I just replaced a system like that. It must have been the same installer. lol. It was a 3 ton A/C system with three 6" flex runs and one 4" for the supply and one 8" return. It's unbelievable what people install. And others pay for.

Wouldn't it have been easier for they (the bank) to have the house winterized? That's what they mostly do around here. Then they don't have to worry about their 'investment' blowing up.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

i saw the problem....the pic showing the blower motor wiring and filter rack...there is a lady bug crawling into the unit. Those little things can ruin things.

Confused

WoW..............just............ WoW...........

Looks like someone tried to replace an old snowman with an octopus, then slapped some air conditioning into it.

Just a few of my observations here.
    Water heater: No vacuum breaker?
    Am I not seeing a shutoff on the gas line? I believe the yellow jacket of the CSST goes under the connector too? Oh wait a minute, no shut off of any kind. Nice. Why spend money on a service switch or gas cock?
    Is that A coil floating 3 feet off the top of that furnace in the plenum? From the pictures, that looks like most of the airflow is going around the A coil too.

The lack of hangars of any kind for the copper water lines was a nice touch too, they bang whenever the toilet flushes?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast