Post Likes

how do i stack up? resume review

Hey everyone, Id like some constructive critisizm on my resume. I've got 12 weeks to go in my program so I want to get a head start on my job searching.

I know its tough out there but I hope I can sepertate myself from the rest.

G. Eric Boireau
    xxx-xxx-xxxx

Objective
    To obtain a technician or service position where I can use my experience in all aspects of facility management, mechanical aptitude, and customer service skills .

Experience

General Manager (7/2007-9/2008) H. LaRosee & Sons, Inc. (Hudson, MA)

• Managed facility mechanical systems including building heat, process steam boiler for production floor, paint booth ventilation system, and electrical controls for process lines.
    • Responsible for tracking and quality assurance of all metal finishing jobs coming in and going out of business, tracking numerous jobs on a daily basis.
    • Primary contact with customers to ensure quality of work and maintain on-time efficiency to generate repeat business and resolve customer problems.
    • Managed 12 employees on the shop floor in all process departments. Resolved employee problems.
    • Primary contact and for all regulatory agencies including EPA, DEP, and OSHA. Facilitated and managed agency guidelines and change requests to ensure regulatory compliance.
    • Emergency Operator for a Grade 1 WWT System.

Owner/Operator (11/2002-12/2007) GEB Construction (Marlborough, MA)

• Owned and operated handyman repair business focusing on small residential repair jobs, preventative maintenance programs and customer service excellence.
    • Managed up to 4 employees at a time on jobsite.

Technical Services (9/2000 – 4/2004) Avtec industries (Hudson, MA)

• Responsible for coordination for testing of fire retardant products including flame and heat testing, sprayability, scalability, and batch quality.
    • Maintained product and raw material inventory.
    • Worked with sales management on creating presentations, company website, and product data sheets.

Metal Finisher (8/1996 – 9/2000)H. LaRosee & Sons, Inc.(Hudson, MA)

• Operated all process lines from Anodizing, Electroplating, and Spray Painting operations.
    • Involved with all aspects of facility maintenance and all mechanical systems.

Education

Porter & Chester Institute HVAC/R Program (1/2009-1/2010)
    OSHA 10 Certified, EPA 608 Universal Certifacation
    Mass DEP WWT Operators Training Grades 1-3 (1/1999- 4/1999)
    Marlborough High School High School Diploma (1992-1996)

Other Skills

Experienced team lead, MS Office, Various production and business software applications.

Post Likes
    Sounds nice, but being a business owner I would be looking for skills associated with HVAC diagnostics/repairs if I were to hire you as a service tech.

Such as: Controls experience, furnace experience residential/commercial repairs, models/brands, boiler experience - hot water/steam - residential/commercial, RTU experience - packaged/split systems, refrigeration experience, economizer experience, sheet metal experience, gas piping etc. etc.

One just doesnt get out of school and be given the keys to a service van and let loose....this is a recipe for disaster.

You may be hired in as an apprentice until such a time that your skills can be proven or that you acquire enough hands on time to be given those service van keys.

Good luck!

Post Likes
    good advice. I do have some exp, and I tried to convey that. I will try and insert more specific things exp. wise.

THX!

I do expect to start out as an apprentice, thats cool. Its getting my foot in the door for an interveiw with employers, not having them assuming I know nothing and am wet behind the ears.

Post Likes
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=49850

this resume seemed to generate enormous amounts of attention