+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new air handlers

Post Likes
    haven't seen many a/h pics yet. Put 4 systems in a new building, these two are in good sized knee wall spaces

Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Post Likes
    not bad , but you should have ran the overflow pan drain lines seperately!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by traneman1
    not bad , but you should have ran the overflow pan drain lines seperately!
    Yeah, but with the safety float switch, they shouldn't have a problem.

Nice installs, and hangers on the units & pans.

Keep up the good work.

Post Likes
    NOT in Texas.

Post Likes
    Installs look good, might want some more support under the drain pan, company I used to work installed some units exactly like that above a false ceiling in a bar,I even told the foreman on that job they should put plywood or something under the pan, he said it would be fine, later that summer a drainage problem developed, once the pan got full of water it buckled in the middle and dumped water all over the people sitting at the bar, OMG I wish I had been there to see that, instead Im the one that they sent there to catch hell from the bar owner....again not trying to critcize your work, just seeing that pic brought back the memory so I thought I'd share

Post Likes

Nice....

I would suggest you use lateral support on both the pan and air handler.

Post Likes
    never though about the pans buckling. We used to use plastic pans, which I did put extra under, above what co policy called for--only had one to get water and it held up with about 10 gallons in it. A few failed, so they went to the seamless drain pans we make in the shop, no solder, the edges are folded into shape.
    I slope them so much, and with the fitting so low in pan, I doubt much water would be in the pan even if it stopped up(I'll test one just to see what happens, though). The drain setup is co policy, seems redundant with e-z-trap, pan switch and emergency drains run outside, above window of course.

Post Likes
    I'm curious about the second photo. If the blower motor needs replacing, how is the service tech. going to get it out of the cabinet?

Post Likes
    I think the angle of picture makes it look like the rod is blocking the door. The second and first units have almost the exact same setup.
    Both units have the rod 1 to 1 1/2" in from the ends, tranes' blowers are 6" down from the top of unit(vertical) so there's plenty of space to pull blower.
    Some of the units though, you have to take out the bar the doors screw to to get the blower out

Post Likes
    Are those the new fangled float type traps? I was about to criticize for lack of traps, but I saw the devices on the primary drain. What brand of trap are you using?

Post Likes
    e-z-trap

Post Likes
    Hey I like the fact that the emergency drain outlet is toward the corner of the pan. All the ones I have seen the outlet is in the center.
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Post Likes

Exclamation You're right

The angle of the photograph was causing me some confusion. I looked closer at the hanger rod and uni-strut at the bottome of that unit and saw that it is exactly as you said it is. Sorry about that, I'm blind in one eye and can't see out of the other one sometimes.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in