Thread: GFX Error

GFX Error

I recently started getting this error when I build and send to device.

Event Type: Error
    Event Date: 10/27/2009
    Event Time: 7:02 AM
    Source: LonWorksObjectServer.1
    Message: File transfer failed due to invalid seek. (Subsystem: NS, #104)

Description:
    Message: File transfer failed due to invalid seek. (Subsystem: NS, #104)
    Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
    at Echelon.LNS.Interop.ILcaFileTransfer.ReadFile()
    at Distech.Network.Data.Lon.Lns.LnsNetwork.ReadFtpDat aFromDevice(FileTransfer transfer, LonDevice device)
    at Distech.Network.Data.Lon.LonDevice.ReadFtpFile(Fil eTransfer transfer)
    at Distech.Gpl.Model.Platforms.NeuronChip.NeuronChipP rojectInformation.ReadFromDevice()
    at Distech.Gpl.Model.Platforms.NeuronChip.NeuronChipP rojectInformation.WriteToDevice()
    at Distech.Gpl.Model.Compilation.NeuronChip.NeuronChi pOutputSender.InternalSendOutputToDevice(Compilati onOutput output, Platform platform, Project project)
    at Distech.Gpl.Model.Compilation.OutputSender.SendCom pilationOutputToDevice(CompilationOutput output, Platform platform, Project project)
    at Distech.Gpl.UI.GplApplication.CompileProject(Boole an sendToDevice, Boolean showErrorPaneAutomatically)

The program loads fine but this error still pops up.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Have you tried reloading the .apb?

Have you tried reloading the .apb?
    I'll give it a try.

Thanks

381engineer,

Ar you using V1 or V2?

That error is if the program in the controller is running on the schedule when you attempt to download to the controller by using the build and send to device and not the synchronize download.

Try to download to the controller when the scheduler is not running and the system is not operating, then use the build project first then use the synchronize feature to download the program to the controller.

There is a issue when the controller is calculating and send a program file at the same time when using the build and send to device.

If you need to reload the .apb file it may not solve the issue and then you need to do a clear memory of the controller, then reload the .apb file. This is a last resort.

Lontshooter

Ar you using V1 or V2?

That error is if the program in the controller is running on the schedule when you attempt to download to the controller by using the build and send to device and not the synchronize download.

Try to download to the controller when the scheduler is not running and the system is not operating, then use the build project first then use the synchronize feature to download the program to the controller.

There is a issue when the controller is calculating and send a program file at the same time when using the build and send to device.
    I guess it is version 2

I had an internal scheduled for this device at one time but I am not using it now. I changed nvischedule1 to an unconfigured state (unocc to oc_nul) and then tried syncronizing but it still failed. The unit is running so I will try it after hours to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks

Contention with another initiator?
    Might this have anything to do with using both Lonwatcher and Circon NI?

Event Type: Error
    Event Date: 10/28/2009
    Event Time: 10:27 AM
    Source: LonWorksObjectServer.1
    Message: Could not access file due to contention with another initiator. (Subsystem: NS, #111)

Description:
    Message: Could not access file due to contention with another initiator. (Subsystem: NS, #111)
    Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
    at Echelon.LNS.Interop.ILcaFileTransfer.ReadFile()
    at Distech.Network.Data.Lon.Lns.LnsNetwork.ReadFtpDat aFromDevice(FileTransfer transfer, LonDevice device)
    at Distech.Network.Data.Lon.LonDevice.ReadFtpFile(Fil eTransfer transfer)
    at Distech.Gpl.Model.Platforms.NeuronChip.NeuronChipP rojectInformation.ReadFromDevice()
    at Distech.Gpl.UI.GplApplication.DisplayDeviceInforma tion()

That error refer to that both program are trying to download to different device in the netwrok at the same time using your Lon interface device.

Stop the service of Circon NI when you are downloading with the GFX and visa versus with Circon NI and lonwatcher.

I have encounter this one time before, that both programs have service runnig that rely on the network interface for information from the LNS DB.
    This was with the older version of Circon NI program.

Lontashooter

That error refer to that both program are trying to download to different device in the netwrok at the same time using your Lon interface device.

Stop the service of Circon NI when you are downloading with the GFX and visa versus with Circon NI and lonwatcher.

I have encounter this one time before, that both programs have service runnig that rely on the network interface for information from the LNS DB.
    This was with the older version of Circon NI program.
    How do I stop the service? I never run both LW and NI at the same time.