Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by kdocsr05 View Post
    Lets put it this way. I have several facilities running CBAS and deal with Computrols weekly
    another question for you:
    Does this computrols interface also mean that I could theoretically put an 8X, put my N2 bus onto it and then program it to be BACnet/IP as well. Then poke it through another BACnet software to get some N2 data that way, directly from 8X controller?

Quote Originally Posted by amigo View Post
    another question for you:
    Does this computrols interface also mean that I could theoretically put an 8X, put my N2 bus onto it and then program it to be BACnet/IP as well. Then poke it through another BACnet software to get some N2 data that way, directly from 8X controller?

Good question! Also, would you have to purchase CBAS to do this or use their "free" config tools?

EDIT: Are you limited on integration points?
    Last edited by xarralu; 10-29-2009 at 07:19 PM.
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

Good day kdocsr05

Given that you have been using the Computrol 8X devices, can you answer the following?

1.Can you tell us how many N2 devices can be supported by the 8X device? Their website and datasheet do not seem to say this?

2. What is the approximate cost of the 8X device?

Lastly, what is interesting is that the 8X spec sheet states that the 8X is based on the Intel 386 processor operating at 25Mhz... which is pretty impressive given the capabilities and limited resources of this device. Further, I did not even think that you could even buy 386 processors (embedded) anymore.

Cheers,

Sam

Hello s2sam

The 8x as you refer to is a just the controller. You would need the CBAS front end to establish the interface you desire. I will be involved commisioning two 32x controllers early next week. I will talk to the controls programer, present your questions to the source and get back to you then.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by kdocsr05 View Post
    Hello s2sam

The 8x as you refer to is a just the controller. You would need the CBAS front end to establish the interface you desire. I will be involved commisioning two 32x controllers early next week. I will talk to the controls programer, present your questions to the source and get back to you then.

Regards
    Good day kdocsr05,

Sounds good! I look forward to the info.

As for the CBAS and its N2 functionality, this is making more sense, as the controllers appeared to have a limited amount of on-board resources (not a lot of on-board memory) to accommodate a fully loaded N2 trunk on its own.

Thanks in advance for the info!

Cheers,

Sam

Hello guys,

does anybody know what Computrols request to become a dealer of them?

I poped a question to their site but still waitting.

By the way I am located in Greece...

Thanx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12