Trane Voyager & Intellipak to BACnet

Question Trane Voyager & Intellipak to BACnet

We're looking at a project that has older Trane Intellipak & Voyager controls on several RTU's. The owner wants to integrate these existing controls into a new BACnet system and not have to replace these existing controls. Does anyone know of a manufacturer that produces a board that will interface to these controllers without going to Trane?

Use a CTI with your own BACnet controller. CTI: Conventional Thermostat Interface This must come from Trane but should not be a problem to get. Always keep in mind that there are often independent distributors that sell Trane equipment. This is available to any of them that sell the Light Commercial line.
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers

Quote Originally Posted by dapper View Post
    Use a CTI with your own BACnet controller. CTI: Conventional Thermostat Interface This must come from Trane but should not be a problem to get. Always keep in mind that there are often independent distributors that sell Trane equipment. This is available to any of them that sell the Light Commercial line.
    I agree with Dapper. The CTI is most likely your best shot. If the new system has the capability to take LonTalk you might want to look into LCI-I cards for any Intellipaks and LCI-R cards for any Voyagers.

But beware that based on the age of the units there is often times a lot of work to do especially on the Voyagers when putting in the LCI-R cards to convert them over from the UCP.

I guess it depends on the cost. You could go with the TCI interface with your own controller, or with the BCI-I interface:

http://trane.com/CPS/Uploads/UserFil...N_03012009.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by control_8 View Post
    I guess it depends on the cost. You could go with the TCI interface with your own controller, or with the BCI-I interface:

Has anyone tried out one of the BCI-I's?

That's part of the new line of controllers since everyone seems to be running away from LonTalk due to the cost of the Echelon Chips. We have decided to stay away from these until at least 1Q 2010.

Just curious what people's experience with this is not to get too far off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by control_8 View Post

Control 8: Any idea of where to purchase or cost? Our experience with Trane has been mixed. When it comes to needing our support they're ok, friendly etc... but when we need something they're outrageously expensive.