Pit corrosion free cooling coils

Just wondering has anyone seen this before. The building has 36 50 ton water cooled units with a open cooling tower. 20% of the free cooling coils have developed pit holes in tubes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Moved to Commercial
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I started this thread hoping to gain insight to a condition that has developed in a building were my company has maintenance responsibities. With all the knowledge assembled in this forum I must say I find myself a little disappointed in the lack of replies. Is the condition I have that uncommon ? I have seen pit corrosion about 12 years ago however it was in a make up water loop not the main condenser loop. Come on guys I have a meeting Monday with the property manager and could use your help.

I've seen formicary corrosion, sulfate-reducing bacteria, and a few others that I don't recall the names of, but have never witnessed under-deposit corrosion on the copper. Only thing I've seen that has caused issues on the copper parts is too much chlorine or too low of a ph level. Be interested to know how this turns out in case I ever do run across it.

Don't be disappointed in the lack of response, kdoc. Water treatment is a specialty all unto itself, and is based on pure chemistry. All the commercial/industrial guys here deal with it and know some about the subject (shoot, I've been dealing with it's issues for my whole career), but that don't mean that we're comfortable giving out advice, and it really does no good to say "I've seen that - wish I knew what caused it".

Thanks klove I will keep yoy posted