metering problem/restriction

Hi: I have a unit that is frosting the feeder tubes to the evaporator and then thraws. I continue to have a restriction after i've replaced the power head. My low side is 50 psig it will not allow me to get my evaporator coil above 32 degrees farenheit and my high side is 275 psig r-22. Some help will be appreciated. Thank Rick.

if the evap is at 32 seems to me you should be looking at air flow issue, sound as tho the txv is doing it's job

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Dale View Post
    Hi: I have a unit that is frosting the feeder tubes to the evaporator and then thraws. I continue to have a restriction after i've replaced the power head. My low side is 50 psig it will not allow me to get my evaporator coil above 32 degrees farenheit and my high side is 275 psig r-22. Some help will be appreciated. Thank Rick.
    R22 at 275? That's over 100 degree head temp. 50 psi on the low side? What does this mean? Well if it's a 70 degree day than you have a non condensible issue. Higher head temp and a TXV that has moisture in it. Or somebody contaminated it with a second gas. If that is the case get rid of the old gas. change the filters after you swept it and get a 150 micron evacuation. Then move on. The TXV may be bad but with 275 on the head, not likely. The higher low back pressure shows this as a non condensible issue. Just a thought.
    It's what you do that defines you.

You need to give superheat and subcooling readings to get a reasonable swag to this question.

Thank you all

Smile restriction

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTex View Post
    if the evap is at 32 seems to me you should be looking at air flow issue, sound as tho the txv is doing it's job
    Thank you, i'm really very bright just new to the commerical side. Not use to members/people with such bad attitudes and dispositions. We have southern hospitality here it must not exists in some other areas of the u.s. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Dale View Post
    Thank you, i'm really very bright just new to the commerical side. Not use to members/people with such bad attitudes and dispositions. We have southern hospitality here it must not exists in some other areas of the u.s. Thanks again.
    Where does this assessment come from, Ricky? You were given 2 answers (which were assumptions at best, without SH and SC readings, but they did try) and the suggestion that you post those readings so that we could try and get you a more accurate answer to your question. Where are the bad attitudes and dispositions? If you're refering to the other thread you started, I don't think anyone that answered on this one was there......

Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    Where does this assessment come from, Ricky? You were given 2 answers (which were assumptions at best, without SH and SC readings, but they did try) and the suggestion that you post those readings so that we could try and get you a more accurate answer to your question. Where are the bad attitudes and dispositions? If you're refering to the other thread you started, I don't think anyone that answered on this one was there......
    He got blasted in a different thread that he started on 3 phase, so now anyone who doesn't tell him what he wants to hear is being a jerk.

To the OP, attempting to make an accurate diagnosis with incomplete and/or inaccurate information is impossible.

I'm sure that you are quite bright, but you need to bring a different kind of smart here. There are people here who understand the refrigeration cycle in ways that you and I don't and probably never will.

Without providing the basic information like Superheat, Subcooling, entering DB and WB and leaving DB and WB and airflow in CFM, you are doing yourself a dis-service.

Without that information, you will NEVER get the information that you want here.

Ricky, don't know where that came from, just gave you advice bases on what little imformation you provided. If you worked for me I would have told you to take a full set of readings and call me back. You said it would not allow you to get your evap temp above 32 degrees why would you want to feed more refrigerant if you are trying to get the evap warmer. Hope this hasn't hurt your feeling again, don't know how I'm going to be able to make it the rest of the day

Additional observations: The TXV is smarter than you are it knows when to shut up, when you finally get it working take that additional 30 pounds of refrigerant you stuck in the system to try and force the txv to feed and sell it to the next customer so your head will drop. The txv's don't know if it's residential or commerical they work the same all the time without excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTex View Post
    Additional observation:

The txv's don't know if it's residential or commerical they work the same all the time without excuses.