Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    This is a two story home, the flue penetrated the supply plenum. The passageway through it was two duct collars with foil tape which had failed. Insufficient room at either side of the plenum required that the furnace was changed to a 90% unit with PVC run outside the plenum.
    Frank

[Edited by Boss on 12-29-2003 at 02:25 PM]

That's Scary !

Confused RE:YIKES!!!

I have never seen anything so stupid since I started in this buisness 26 years ago! YIKES!!!!!!!

Confused

Why would anyone think that is a good thing to do?

Originally posted by smokeeater 38
    Why would anyone think that is a good thing to do?
    Get extra heat off of flue pipe=higher efficiency?

Man, with the pictures you posted, people most be dropping like flies! :-)

That's some scary sh*t.

ANOTHER TEXAS INSTALLATION?

Those guys at CB are complete retards that any Texas company could be "contractor of the year".

What's going on in Texas that you guys out shame the rest of the country at about 2 to 1?

I would ask the TDLR rather than ask some of th eppl that come here. Most of the ppl who come here could put their installations on the wall of pride not shame. There are a lot of poor quality companies in Texas just like every where else. Havent done much work out of Texas but from what I have seen in Texas is that between liscnecing enforcement regulations of codes and enforcement. Jack legs get away with doing tons of side work with out any type of reprimand. It takes for ever to getsome one to do something about it. For the most part you write down the offense and the time and place and mail it in and about 2 or 3 years later something may or may not happen.

is it possible that they figured they could squeeze a couple of more btu's of the exhaust vent

At least they could of sealed it and put the tape right side up. Is that pipe plenum rated?

That is totally uncalled for.

If you think our goverment is screwed up. You haven't lived in another country.

Quote :I have never seen anything so stupid since I started in this buisness 26 years ago! YIKES!!!!!!!

How about a tech that actually installed Jovall flue pipe upside down, unfortunately, I do not have the pictures of it, but as all of you know, it is marked with an arrow that says UP..........hows that for Yikes!!!

pilot is offline Member- bad email - server kicked back
    I need to invest in foil back tape.

Kinda reminds me when Rheem introdouced a gas furnace that had the flue routed through the blower compartment. Scary!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast