Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I wrote a real long one then I cut it. To a point I agree, and then to another point, being small is cool too.

Not to mention Sam Walton would have paid you as less as was feasible to get you to come in to work. It's the same corporate culture that sends jobs overseas to get even cheaper labor to produce the goods sold in his friggin stores. In my opinion, Sam accomplished a lot, and curiously, even in death he somehow baffles the minds of the likes of someone like you. Which I had the charisma and spirit. I'd be a millionaire soon.

Originally posted by Dowadudda
    I wrote a real long one then I cut it. To a point I agree, and then to another point, being small is cool too.
    Dow I think this guy's an imposter. Re-read his post. Does he sound like a contractor to you?
    $10,000.00 Christmas bonus?

[Edited by a\c don on 12-07-2003 at 08:43 PM]
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

For petes sakes, I am still working on the fancy shiny chrome rims and new vans that workinlate is wanting me to get. I can not handle the pressure.

It just is hard to understand. I am certainly proud of the fact I have my own business, and i do make a decent living, but i would do the same if i was an employee working somehwere as a tech. I can not remember the last time I felt on top, king of the hill if you will compared to any good hard working tech. In fact I think I am delerious sometimes for trying to do this versus staying in a nice cushy 70 grand a year gig somehwere.

But never the less, and I was one of you guys, *****ing all the time. My boss is soooooo rich. Little did I know. Step up cheif, see if you can make it a go.

I see your profile has plenty of information about yourself also.

That's good to talk bad about Walmart and I am sure you have made more money than ole Sam Walton made. Read his book before you discount it, you do have to admit he knew how to make money and that is what you are in this business for. You were right I did work for someone else for more than 20 years and I own my own company now for over 15 years. I do know what it takes to operate a company and the after hours overtime is never used to figure overhead. A $10,000.00 a year bonus is less than the $5.00 an hour price increase you just made for the price of gas going up $0.20. How much was your orporate onus last year to get the books to look like you were not making any money? Before you complain about your employees drive by their homes and see what they live in. Then look at what you are living in. Easy to sit and say it cost so much overhead to run a business and yes it does cost plenty, but that is no reason to not be generous with the ones making that profit. If you are not making at least $50,000.00 per employee you should check into management classes. I bet you are the one I hear about counting wire nuts on the vans and complaining about how many they have.

Here is the marker put your X where you want it.

Originally posted by a\c don
    Dow I think this guy's an imposter. Re-read his post. Does he sound like a contractor to you?
    $10,000.00 Christmas bonus?

[Edited by a\c don on 12-07-2003 at 08:43 PM]

No I do not sound like a "CONTRACTOR" I sound like a businessman. You can complain about my posts all you want but until you try it you will only be able to complain. You will never know for sure will you. That is what will always have you looking over your shoulder at your competition.

Not to mention Sam Walton would have paid you as less as was feasible to get you to come in to work. It's the same corporate culture that sends jobs overseas to get even cheaper labor to produce the goods sold in his friggin stores. In my opinion, Sam accomplished a lot, and curiously, even in death he somehow baffles the minds of the likes of someone like you. Which I had the charisma and spirit. I'd be a millionaire soon.

It was not Sam that did that it was the rest of the family after Sam had died.

Yes small is cool and nothing wrong with that at all. I had a lot less headaches when I just had 1 or 2 people working. Much easier to make the payroll every week.

Originally posted by owner also

That's good to talk bad about Walmart and I am sure you have made more money than ole Sam Walton made. Read his book before you discount it, you do have to admit he knew how to make money and that is what you are in this business for. You were right I did work for someone else for more than 20 years and I own my own company now for over 15 years. I do know what it takes to operate a company and the after hours overtime is never used to figure overhead. A $10,000.00 a year bonus is less than the $5.00 an hour price increase you just made for the price of gas going up $0.20. How much was your orporate onus last year to get the books to look like you were not making any money? Before you complain about your employees drive by their homes and see what they live in. Then look at what you are living in. Easy to sit and say it cost so much overhead to run a business and yes it does cost plenty, but that is no reason to not be generous with the ones making that profit. If you are not making at least $50,000.00 per employee you should check into management classes. I bet you are the one I hear about counting wire nuts on the vans and complaining about how many they have.

Maybe I should come to work for you Sam. At least I stated what state I live in.
    If I'm wrong, and if you are in fact a HVAC contractor, and if you truly pay your people the way you seem to proclaim to, if you truly place your employees above yourself,let me know who you are. I'd love to work for you.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Maybe I should come to work for you Sam. At least I stated what state I live in.
    If I'm wrong, and if you are in fact a HVAC contractor, and if you truly pay your people the way you seem to proclaim to, if you truly place your employees above yourself,let me know who you are. I'd love to work for you.

North Carolina and I have plenty of candidates here without your attitude. Too cynical for me, it would not matter what was said or done you would have to complain about it. You are the typical tech you are bad mouthing.

North Carolina and I have plenty of candidates here without your attitude. Too cynical for me, it would not matter what was said or done you would have to complain about it. You are the typical tech you are bad mouthing.

Hello owner, welcome to the site. We try to treat everyone here in a respectful way. Please be sure to review the Forum Rules

We are all in the same industry, let's just try to be helpful.

Thank you

Boss

Actually, believe it or not I am a total team player. Just get a little defensive when I see a 1st time poster come aboard in what seems to be attack mode.
    You would find this to be a fun and informative place to be if you would drop your ATTITUDE. Sorry, that's just the way it is.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast