Thread: Workplace Pro

Workplace Pro

I have a R2 Jace that the building owners have installed two new Trane Intellipaks. I need to add the points off these units for monitoring purposes only. A little research has shown me I need Workplace Pro.

Where can I purchase this program?

I am comfortable with Ax but this R2 is a different cat.

Are you a Tridium SI?. If you are AX Certified then you can ask your Tridium Rep. The software can be downloaded from Tridium's Server and they will provide a license.
    I suspect that you will need to be R2 Certified. Who provided the R2 Jace?
    gnomethang

OR, maybe the owner is holding out on you. In my career, I've never did a Tridium job, where the owner (regardless if they weren't knowledgeable enough to use it) did not get a copy of the software. Maybe they have a licensed copy hiding out somewhere.

If not, then I agree with Gnomethang, you'd either have to get certified and go through the Tridium VSD (Vykon System Distributor) in your area. If this is too much, then maybe you can possibly sub it out to a local VSI (Vykon System Integrator).

FYI, unfortunately Tridium R2 and AX aren't software packages you can just find and install and start working with. They license out each copy, to your specific Windows Host ID. So it would take some time to get you setup just to add in those few points.

A company called Yamas Controls originally did the job and did not leave a copy of Workplace Pro on the job. They actually told the owners they could not have it. This branch of Yamas is no longer in business. I will check with VSD to get the software.

Thanks to both of you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwrench View Post
    A company called Yamas Controls originally did the job and did not leave a copy of Workplace Pro on the job. They actually told the owners they could not have it. This branch of Yamas is no longer in business. I will check with VSD to get the software.

Thanks to both of you for your help.
    In that case the client has a good case for going back to Tridium to ask for the site Jace to be relicensed to a new Tridium SI or similar.
    They will only relicense to an approved current SI.
    gnomethang

Is this a single jace on the job? Is there an Enterprise Server on top of that? Typically the ES contains all of the graphics and polling data and is installed on a desktop or server. It has workplace pro, it IS workplace pro. However, this may be a small install with graphics on the jace itself.

Quote Originally Posted by s2k008 View Post
    Is this a single jace on the job? Is there an Enterprise Server on top of that? Typically the ES contains all of the graphics and polling data and is installed on a desktop or server. It has workplace pro, it IS workplace pro. However, this may be a small install with graphics on the jace itself.
    I believe he has a small job with a stand alone JACE. If Yamas installed the job and said they weren't getting a copy of the software, I think that would rule out the possibility of there being a server onsite.

The other thing you will need is a new Jace license with your ORG id or you will not be able to access it with your copy of Workplace Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by MDaly View Post
    The other thing you will need is a new Jace license with your ORG id or you will not be able to access it with your copy of Workplace Pro.
    //In that case the client has a good case for going back to Tridium to ask for the site Jace to be relicensed to a new Tridium SI or similar.// As stated here! .
    But it is worth pointing out that the license is for the SI AND for the site!
    gnomethang

FYI..... Yamas Controls is still in business. Utah controls acquired Yamas. Now we have Utah-Yamas controls.