Gemtech Thermostat Q

Hello, troubleshooting a Gemtech 5000B thermostat, Nordyne P3RD-030K package unit. System is approx. 2 years old and has functioned well. Current symptom is in heat mode the blower will not operate in Auto....heat strips are activating as fan can be run in manual and blows warm air. Seems like a thermostat problem but I'm not much good at troubleshooting digital...any suggestions would be appreciated.

Questions and discussions pertaining to HVAC for the home. No pricing, no DIY, Thank You.

Please read Site Rules Thank you.

Time to call a service contractor.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Sounds like a very simple problem. My advice is to read the instructions that came with the stat. If you are a service tech, you should be able to figure it out easily. If not, then call one out.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

to bmathews

thats what i like about r410a....it puts asshooles like you out of a job.......lol

Quote Originally Posted by squeeky31 View Post
    thats what i like about r410a....it puts asshooles like you out of a job.......lol
    How does R410 put me out of a job? Because I don't know anything about it? We've been putting R410 systems in since it came out and have not installed a full system with R22 in over 5 years. Only 410. I'm pretty well versed in it actually. I'm not the one having a problem reading the instructions that came with the thermostat. I already know what the problem is and I'm not even there. I'm not even sure what R410 has to do with your post, but I guess you will tie it in somehow.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.