Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    I agree with you Jack, 100%. It is just that this belonged to my Mom. She was always tight with a buck.

If you look real hard at the back it doesn't say "Skillet" it is stamped "SMILLET"

Season that Smillet and hang it on the wall. Answer me this my friend? Do you own any Griswold? It's your American Duty to own at least one.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

RE:

All about me, except the very old, not the name of His Wagner. They are all very well except for frying the chicken Wagner. I do the same problem as you. My mother bought me back again in the mid 80s and used it for a good season. The soil is not bad, But That updates the sides are still new.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolmion View Post
    All about me, except the very old, not the name of His Wagner. They are all very well except for frying the chicken Wagner. I do the same problem as you. My mother bought me back again in the mid 80s and used it for a good season. The soil is not bad, But That updates the sides are still new.

Try to make since of that post and your head will blow up!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    Try to make since of that post and your head will blow up!
    Glad you posted that Jack !! I thought I was getting senile. He lost me.

You're way too young for that....
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolmion View Post

Now we know who Dennis Leary got the frying pan from for the "your brain on drugs" commercial.

Old folks always put their pans in the fire each year when we burned leaves and brush if the pans looked bad. They come out nice and clean then must be re seasoned. If this won't fix it hang it on the wall.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Some cast irons cookware just cannot be seasoned. This most often happens with the newer ones from Vietnam and China but I have had old heirloom types which were impossible too. Toss the 9" loser and buy a 9" Lodge pan to replace it.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Don't even blast that thing. just stick it in the self-clean cycle in the oven, pops out like new.

Lodge cast iron is still made in the USA and (here's the interesting part) Walmart carries them.
    I think there is also another brand made here. Name slips my mind. Something Forge.
    Tracers work both ways.

Walmart carries Lodge? Thanks! I did not know that. I avoid Walmart as a rule but maybe I will brave the retart hordes and see what I can find in the cookware section.

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Lodge cast iron is still made in the USA and (here's the interesting part) Walmart carries them.
    I think there is also another brand made here. Name slips my mind. Something Forge.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Look in places like Goodwill for an old Griswold.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12