Arby's new smoked beef brisket sandwich

I've never endorsed a commercially sold food product before, but I just had my first Arby's smoked brisket sandwich and all I can say is WOW!

If someone manages to duplicate this sandwich on their own smoker, please report back with the recipe.
    An answer without a question is meaningless.
    Information without understanding is useless.
    You can lead a horse to water............
    http://www.mohomeenergyaudits.com

Really that good? May have to try 1.

Colgin Liquid Smoke, if they are still doing what they did twenty years ago. Added liquid smoke to water and marinate overnight. Salt and Pepper and cooked in an air tight, high moisture oven.

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    Colgin Liquid Smoke, if they are still doing what they did twenty years ago. Added liquid smoke to water and marinate overnight. Salt and Pepper and cooked in an air tight, high moisture oven.
    Did you work there 20 years ago?

As a AC Contractor. If there's no wood smoke smell outside, they are still doing that or it is smoked elsewhere. BTW smoking meat is easy and it freezes well.

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    I knew they don't have smokers at Arby's. So it's shipped to them that way and they merely cook it in the their ovens. But...now we see it may not actually be "smoked." Well, I'm guilty of using liquid smoke a time or two. I still prefer the actual "smoked" version though.

Kind of like KFC's grilled chicken (I'm sure everyone knows they don't have grills in KFCs). Typical of many fast food and chain restaurants nowadays. Made in a factory and reheated for our enjoyment.

"Yum!" brands is the worst (KFC, Taco Bell, Long John Silver, A&W Rootbeer, Pizza Hut...and maybe more now). They merely "rethermalize" and then assemble everything that's on a Taco Bell menu - based on assembly instructions given to the high-schoolers working there. I worked at Taco Bell in the '70s when they still actually "cooked" their beans and beef. Not anymore though. It all comes frozen, premade in bags that get boiled, then dumped in a pan.

Nonetheless, my having grown up in Texas, I love a good brisket sandwich and will try Arby's version. I give a bit more credit to Arby's products compared to those others.

Correction: Long John Silver and A&W were sold off by Yum! back in 2011. Such is the realms of conglomerates.

Its good. Op was right

I wouldnt eat that just on principle. Why eat that when there is REAL "Q" out there. Im in Texas and good BBQ is readily available! Im sorry for you guys who dont have it
    Don't redistribute my wealth,, redistribute my work ethic!

My son and I both tried it a couple of weeks ago returning from a fall turkey hunt, and we were pretty hungry. I could see from the picture on the wall that it had deep fried onion rings on it so I asked for one without them.
    After I got it and started eating it I discovered that it also had mayonaise on it too,
    The brisket was really low quality, fatty and had a reheated leftover meat taste to it. About 20 minutes after we ate and were driving through the desert my son's stomach began to rumble.
    I found a deserted spot to pull over as we passed over a wash and out he ran with a roll of TP. I don't think we will be trying one of those any time soon.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.