Post Likes

McQuay Machine Charge

Co-worker is on a PEH126JB, s/n 5RB0300100, fixing leaks. Anyone got machine refrigerant charge? Converted to R-134a, believe to be 1700#. Any help would be appreciated.

Post Likes
    Why trust charge instead of superheat and subcooling esp if it is a retro?

Post Likes
    i understand how to charge a machine. he's on a quoted job which has to be closed out, and with the temps now, he won't be able to wind her up.
    also - the original tags were removed, new tags don't state amount.

Post Likes
    I knew you wouldn't ask a question like that unless you had a good reason lol. I do not have the answer to your question, however my office in fl is across the street from mcquays office I can toilet paper their office if they can't answer your question for ya.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    If the conversion was done by McQuay Service, there would probably be a record of the engineering process, in the Staunton office. Many also included a gear ratio change.

At least, you could get the original R-12 charge, and then guess pretty close from there.
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy S. View Post
    If the conversion was done by McQuay Service, there would probably be a record of the engineering process, in the Staunton office. Many also included a gear ratio change.

At least, you could get the original R-12 charge, and then guess pretty close from there.
    The way i got it from my dispatcher was the tech was in touch with the factory, and that conversation didn't 'work out' too good. I was asked if i can find out. (I have a mountain of paper, and you gentlemen). Thought there mite be someone out there with a 'cheat' sheet.
    I don't know what was upgraded on the conversion.
    But anyways, thank you all for the responses.

Post Likes
    I did many McQuay conversions and the charge usually was 20% more than the R-12 charge. Put the thing at full load, make sure you have 6-12 degrees of subcooling, check the discharge superheat without the liquid injection on, should have 15% DGSH at full load with good subcooling.
    Adjust the TXV pilot valve accordingly to achive.
    "I'm from Texas, what country are you from?"