Home inspectors, you got to love them, - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    This must be someone from L&I, for a certificate of occupancy, right?
    Nope, just a guy the buyers hired to protect their interests.
    If you could see the serious stuff this guy missed. like the return duct in the garage, which some cable dope ripped off to fish a wire.

Or the numerous open splice boxes with taped wires instead of wire nuts, or the buried Orange extension cord that runs out the basement window and feeds the front lamppost, the original wire shorted out on the rusty conduit that was buried 30 years ago.

In a nutshell the place is a mechanical nightmare, I told the owner he got off cheap.

One item that was not on the sheet I posted was the condensate pump drain line pumping into a lav in the basement bathroom, ICK!
    Nothing like washing your hands in a sink with nasty sump water pumping in there.

Did you ever see the money pit? They I think this place was the second runner up.

Cool Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

Look, we've been over this several times. HIs are generalists. Yes, some are rather weak on their knowledge and yes, some miss things or mistakenly call out things that are not a problem. What you are missing is how often they DO find problems and call them out. I'd like to follow you guys on a home inspection then have a licensed HI follow you so we can see how you do.

Yes, this guy got some weird advise somewhere. Obviously, a lot of HVAC techs do too because of all the things brought out here on this site not limited to the Wall of Shame either. I am constantly shocked by how many techs not only don't know the current codes but don't own a copy or have a clue about their content.

I do know that most HIs attend annual training to maintain CEUs for their license----do you?

DavidR regularly monitors a similar discussion forum of theirs so he can tell you how full of crap they are or how sharp some of them are.

Hearthman

North Carolina has the best and that not say there great but there far better then most.

If I remember you have to have to years in field working for a licenses GC or Licenses Sub.

And say Hearthman there are hacks and morons in every profession.

As for the CEU's most of us do far more then once a year, Like once a month if not more.

I think there should be Particular Field Test for all Skilled Trades (professions) to show you know your stuff.

As for CEUs you can lead a horse to water (knowledge) but you can't make it drink (THINK).
    If you help others then you are a Success

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12