+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cape cod system

Post Likes

Cape cod system

Gary,

Hear are the numbers you requested.

Gas 1.08 ccf
    Electric: dist .05, transmission .01272, transition .02, Ren energy .0005, enrgy consrvtion .0025, Generation 12.6 cents/kwh = .22 cents/kwh

Post your delivered price for gas (in $$ per therm, or $$ per ccf) and for electricity (in $$ per kw-hr). For electricity, delivered price = generation + transmission + distribution.

(I am hiring an HVAC/plumber to put in a Goodman VS Gas Furnace(95%), Goodman 2.5 ton 2 Stage HPump, (maybe a filter,no humidification). The house is a 1450sqft Cape Cod Style,(on Cape Cod) and is down to the studs(its a renovation). I am having duct work put in that will serve double duty,heat and AC.
    The house will be well insulated and doors and windows will be replaced.
    A new Rinnai Tankless 75LSI will cover the domestic hot water.
    Am I saving money using a heat pump vs a straight A/C unit, since the HP is much more efficient. Most of the winter the house will be at 55 as we live in NY. I thought the dual fuel system might be a good solution. I like to understand what's going in and why.
    Thanks Again

2.5 ton Goodman 15 seer R-410A Gas 95% Dual Fuel heat pump system SSZ140301A/GMV950704CXA/CAPF3642C6A (Includes TXV Expansion Valve)

Take care.

Post Likes
    why a heat pump? willit be a ground source heat pump if not the electric rate will kill your budget every month.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in