Very low output LP fireplaces?

Very low output LP fireplaces?

Are there any LP fireplaces on the market that have heat output ratings in the 2,000 BTU range? Modulating output from 1,500 to 8,000 would be ideal if possible. I've looked pretty extensively but found nothing suitable so far.

Application is primarily decorative with an option of emergency heat when necessary.

You may be able to find one in that BTU range, but it won't be very attractive. The pilot alone is between 600-1000 BTU. Go with an electric fireplace.

Why are you seeking such low BTU rating, are you heating a closet, or is Clark Kent's phone booth too chilly these days?

Large room with good insulation and a mild climate.

The primary purpose is decoration (i.e. nice looking flames) rather than heating.

Primary heat is via a heat pump.

A gas fireplace with an output of less than 5000 BTU won't be pretty. Are you installing this in an old wood burning fireplace? If you are, you can open the damper and go with a 50,000 BTU vented unit that is about 15% efficient and end up with 7500 BTU and still have a pretty good looking fire.

I don't see why a gas "fireplace" couldn't be attractive with a small gas input.

But it wouild probably need to be designed for such an input, and perhaps not designed to look like a smoldering log.

Indeed, there are some gas "fireplaces" that are dispensing with the idea of the smoldering log theme in favor of the artistic use of flames for decoration and incidental heat.

Just to throw out possibilities, how 'bout two-four pilot type flames burning in a decorative or attractive style?

How about using gas lamp type mantles to create some brilliant light effects with low BTU input?

Lots of possibilities, in my opinion.

I do not recall ever seeing a 5k btu gas log, but I am only exposed to what is sold in the market that I service. I have several customers that have a 9500 btu Peterson vent-free gas log and in my opinion, it isn't overly attractive.