+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hvac in vail, colorado

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

hvac in vail, colorado

hey all, I'm 23 had been unemployed for 10 months started a job today in mn, and also got a call from a company in vail, colorado who want me to come work for them there. they run off of a flat rate book and my pay would be 15% off the customers price less sales tax. I currently make $17hr. would it be a wise decision for me to relocate??? Is this a stable work area??? Just looking for some feed back.
    thanks

Post Likes
    You won't be working on A/C's in Vail the average july temp is 75º. But it is some beautifull country to live and work in.

Post Likes
    Good deal, how about the commision thing. never done it myself. is it a good way to make money?

Post Likes
    I don't like it. It makes techs sell things to people they don't need. I know of two business one in KC and one in Denver, both huge work on up front priceing and commision. Their top techs make over $100,000 a year and I've seen the proof. They are both very reputable companys and have some of the best techs around. But I just don't agree with doing business that way. But it's worked out very well for some people. From my expirence with up front priceing is it workes best in the uppper class neighborhoods where people have money, as up front priceing tends to be more expensive than chargeing by parts and labor. Vail is a rich town with a lot of money, I would think up front priceing would do well there.

Post Likes
    Awesome feedback, thank you, hope this works out hahaha

Post Likes
    Warning !

Housing in Vail is Expensive. Lots of people live 10 to 40 miles away and commute.

But the view is spectacular and it snows a bit more than you might expect.

Good luck !
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !
    You cannot protect the Stupid from themselves !
    "Experience is the ability to recognize a mistake Before you make it again!" (Stolen Quote)

Post Likes
    It sounds like you would be considered a subcontractor. If so you'd be given a 1099 at years end and you would be paying 15.3% to medicare and FICA along with your income taxes. In other words, self-employed.
    You would need to be sure your income would cover that nut.
    Also you wouldn't be eligible for unemployment or workers comp being self-employed so you'd need an insurance policy for that.
    If Vail is the way I remember it (20 years) finding a place to live might be a problem. At Jackson Hole some people had to live in the National Forrest.
    They have hand carved stop signs there.
    We are here on Earth to fart around ......Kurt Vonnegut

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CCIKelly View Post
    Warning !

Housing in Vail is Expensive. Lots of people live 10 to 40 miles away and commute.

But the view is spectacular and it snows a bit more than you might expect.

Good luck !

Even mcDonalds has a $2. menu in vail. It's crazy expensive and people are rich pricks. I dont even drive by it if I can go around, and i NEVER stop. Get gas in Denver and Glenwood.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Is the job in MN have potential? Is your living arrangement stable in MN?

Post Likes
    having spent many winter vacations in vail, and knowing several people who live there full time, i say go for it. i assume that you have nothing holding you back right? no wifey, kids? anyway, its a beautifull area, many of the systems are very high end hydronic with lots of radiant, snowmelt etc. you can always go home when times get better. yes it is expensive, BUT damn its beautifull. work seems plentifull. many employers offer seasonal ski passes as well. think POW....as in powder days!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in