Amana, Rheem or ?

Firstly, you folks provide great service here.....thank you

I was hoping to bask in your knowledge and expertise about gas furnaces and air conditioners. We are going to put a new furnace and central air conditioner in our Rental home. The home has the original Lennox furnace from 1961. It still works fine, but I know there are more efficient models available now and we're concerned about future safety issues. The home has never had central air.

I have two bids from HVAC contractors. One is for Amana equipment...the Amana AMH95 two stage multiple speed furnace and the Amana ASX13 air conditioning unit. The other bid is from a Rheem dealer for the Rheem Classic series 90 plus two stage upflow furnace and the Rheem 13AJL Series a/c unit.

Anything good or bad about Amana and Rheem and particularly these units would help? Should I look at different manufacturers? I understand a big part of this is the installation. Any information you could provide would be helpful. When I look at all the literature and specs, my eyes glaze over.

Thanks in advance.

I don't care for the AMH, can't use a 2 stage thermostat on it, only the built in timer. So just from that point, I'd go the Rheem RGRL. Very nice furnace, been putting a lot of this and the RGRM variable speed unit in.

The ASX is a little fancier unit than the 13AJL however.

Cool

They are both good units but I perfer to install Rheem. They are easier to work on and are very realiable. Look at Goodman for an alteranative to Amana. You can get the best Goodman for the cost of that Amana. The only diferance is the heat exchanger. Goodman owns Amana.
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Twilli like baskations
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast