+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gotta Watch Your Back At The Internet Cafes

Post Likes

Gotta Watch Your Back At The Internet Cafes

Post Likes
    Hopefully a civil suit can be brought and this irresponsible ass put into the poor house...or onto the street.

We had an old guy near here do pretty much the same thing at a restaurant.

Old ex deputy...old revolver.....shoved down in his belt or pants....I think he got to fooling with it and managed to draw the hammer back enough to fire it.

Bullet injured a couple of folks.

Buy a damn holster.....keep the chamber clear.....if you cant handle a gun...at least take some sort of safety precautions.

Oh..and I dont know if this is the case here.....but if you are going to carry a firearm....carry something reasonably modern.

I keep a hi power jammed into my wasteband on occasion....but it doesnt have a round chambered.....and even if I was in a situation where I felt I would need to go with a round chambered.....I believe I got enough sense to not manage to pull the hammer back accidentaly.

Yes..I feel that in an emergency I can chamber a round quickly enough....but hopefully Ill never find out.

Post Likes
    Kinda hard to chamber a round with one hand while the other is busy trying to keep the bg at bay or defending yourself someway. I carry w/ one in the pipe.
    "FIGHT CRIME: SHOOT BACK"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by srmfsr View Post
    Kinda hard to chamber a round with one hand while the other is busy trying to keep the bg at bay or defending yourself someway. I carry w/ one in the pipe.
    If it's a 1911, that's the way it was designed to be carried. Hammer back, safety on. Acquiring sight, while disengaging the safety. Easy as falling off a log backward.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    If it's a 1911, that's the way it was designed to be carried. Hammer back, safety on. Acquiring sight, while disengaging the safety. Easy as falling off a log backward.
    Precisely; "cocked and locked" or it's pointless to even have it.

Post Likes
    Twilli can cock a 45 1911 with one hand as fast as most can do it with two coming out of the holster.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Twilli can cock a 45 1911 with one hand as fast as most can do it with two coming out of the holster.
    You can't cock one quicker than one that is already cocked.

BTW my 45 is carried cocked and in a holster with a thumbreak that goes under the hammer, it doesn't need to be locked, if it comes out of the holster it is "Go" time.

Modern guns have to have the trigger pulled to fire, I am wondering if the guy may have been fooling with the gun and may have tried to decock the gun and that is when it went off, guns don't just go off when you drop them.

Post Likes
    I carry my 45 1911 hammer down on an empty cylinder.

Guess I'm not as proficient as all you John Waynes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post

Modern guns have to have the trigger pulled to fire, I am wondering if the guy may have been fooling with the gun and may have tried to decock the gun and that is when it went off, guns don't just go off when you drop them.

Granted, this ain't a pistol/revolver but, it can, and does happen.

http://jacksonville.com/news/georgia...e_deer_hunting

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by forged alloy View Post
    I carry my 45 1911 hammer down on an empty cylinder.

Guess I'm not as proficient as all you John Waynes
    If that's what you're comfortable with,so be it.
    The time it takes to chamber a round, could be the difference between life and death though.

To me, it would be like carrying an empty tool bag up on the roof, only to climb back down to get the tools to go in it. But, that's just me.

Hope the day never comes that you "need" to use your weapon. You're not going to be happy with the results.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post
    You can't cock one quicker than one that is already cocked.

BTW my 45 is carried cocked and in a holster with a thumbreak that goes under the hammer, it doesn't need to be locked, if it comes out of the holster it is "Go" time.

Twilli says not to be out done Twilli will now carry his pistola in Twilli's hand at all times, cocked and locked.

Post Likes
    This has slowed Twilli's typing down considerably

Post Likes
    Twilli says not to be out done Twilli will now carry his pistola in Twilli's hand at all times, cocked and locked.
    Don't carry it Mexican style or you may end up like Lance Armstrong.

Post Likes
    That is why you need a pistola in each hand.

Post Likes
    I can't find anything on YouTube for that reply.
    But, it's still funny as Hell.

Post Likes
    Hey Twilli, I couldn't help but notice, one of your stalkers got bant.

Post Likes
    Twilli says which one?

Post Likes
    Twilli says which one?
    Blue Oval.

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    Post Likes
    I you don't have one in the chamber you might as well throw the gun at the robber.
    Only on TV is the bad guy dumb enough to wait while you pull the slide back to chamber a round. I used to carry a 9mm in a holster all ready to go, and a 25 caliber in my coat pocket just in case the criminal caught me with my hands in my pockets.

Those were the old days, now if you are in the wrong zip code I am busy for the next 3 weeks. Besides I work mainly in Philadelphia, our criminals are too busy killing each other to mess with the general public.

The only folks that seem to have a problem are our university students who like to walk around at night in the ghetto that surrounds their campuses. Most of these kids are learning to be liberals the first thing they learn is to throw away any common sense their parents taught them.

Post Likes

Thumbs up Yea!

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Unless you're one of those "OH! wait while I load my gun mr. criminal" types. Fortunately, mine is ALWAYS "hot"!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in