Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,847

    Gotta Watch Your Back At The Internet Cafes


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,533
    Hopefully a civil suit can be brought and this irresponsible ass put into the poor house...or onto the street.

    We had an old guy near here do pretty much the same thing at a restaurant.

    Old ex deputy...old revolver.....shoved down in his belt or pants....I think he got to fooling with it and managed to draw the hammer back enough to fire it.

    Bullet injured a couple of folks.

    Buy a damn holster.....keep the chamber clear.....if you cant handle a gun...at least take some sort of safety precautions.

    Oh..and I dont know if this is the case here.....but if you are going to carry a firearm....carry something reasonably modern.

    I keep a hi power jammed into my wasteband on occasion....but it doesnt have a round chambered.....and even if I was in a situation where I felt I would need to go with a round chambered.....I believe I got enough sense to not manage to pull the hammer back accidentaly.

    Yes..I feel that in an emergency I can chamber a round quickly enough....but hopefully Ill never find out.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,111
    Kinda hard to chamber a round with one hand while the other is busy trying to keep the bg at bay or defending yourself someway. I carry w/ one in the pipe.
    "FIGHT CRIME: SHOOT BACK"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,847
    Quote Originally Posted by srmfsr View Post
    Kinda hard to chamber a round with one hand while the other is busy trying to keep the bg at bay or defending yourself someway. I carry w/ one in the pipe.
    If it's a 1911, that's the way it was designed to be carried. Hammer back, safety on. Acquiring sight, while disengaging the safety. Easy as falling off a log backward.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    If it's a 1911, that's the way it was designed to be carried. Hammer back, safety on. Acquiring sight, while disengaging the safety. Easy as falling off a log backward.
    Precisely; "cocked and locked" or it's pointless to even have it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    12,901
    Twilli can cock a 45 1911 with one hand as fast as most can do it with two coming out of the holster.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Twilli can cock a 45 1911 with one hand as fast as most can do it with two coming out of the holster.
    You can't cock one quicker than one that is already cocked.

    BTW my 45 is carried cocked and in a holster with a thumbreak that goes under the hammer, it doesn't need to be locked, if it comes out of the holster it is "Go" time.

    Modern guns have to have the trigger pulled to fire, I am wondering if the guy may have been fooling with the gun and may have tried to decock the gun and that is when it went off, guns don't just go off when you drop them.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    White Lake, MI
    Posts
    973
    I carry my 45 1911 hammer down on an empty cylinder.

    Guess I'm not as proficient as all you John Waynes

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,847
    Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post

    Modern guns have to have the trigger pulled to fire, I am wondering if the guy may have been fooling with the gun and may have tried to decock the gun and that is when it went off, guns don't just go off when you drop them.

    Granted, this ain't a pistol/revolver but, it can, and does happen.

    http://jacksonville.com/news/georgia...e_deer_hunting

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,847
    Quote Originally Posted by forged alloy View Post
    I carry my 45 1911 hammer down on an empty cylinder.

    Guess I'm not as proficient as all you John Waynes
    If that's what you're comfortable with,so be it.
    The time it takes to chamber a round, could be the difference between life and death though.

    To me, it would be like carrying an empty tool bag up on the roof, only to climb back down to get the tools to go in it. But, that's just me.

    Hope the day never comes that you "need" to use your weapon. You're not going to be happy with the results.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    12,901
    Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post
    You can't cock one quicker than one that is already cocked.

    BTW my 45 is carried cocked and in a holster with a thumbreak that goes under the hammer, it doesn't need to be locked, if it comes out of the holster it is "Go" time.

    Modern guns have to have the trigger pulled to fire, I am wondering if the guy may have been fooling with the gun and may have tried to decock the gun and that is when it went off, guns don't just go off when you drop them.


    Twilli says not to be out done Twilli will now carry his pistola in Twilli's hand at all times, cocked and locked.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    12,901
    This has slowed Twilli's typing down considerably
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Twilli says not to be out done Twilli will now carry his pistola in Twilli's hand at all times, cocked and locked.
    Don't carry it Mexican style or you may end up like Lance Armstrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event