how do i stack up? resume review
Hey everyone, Id like some constructive critisizm on my resume. I've got 12 weeks to go in my program so I want to get a head start on my job searching.
I know its tough out there but I hope I can sepertate myself from the rest.
G. Eric Boireau
To obtain a technician or service position where I can use my experience in all aspects of facility management, mechanical aptitude, and customer service skills .
General Manager (7/2007-9/2008) H. LaRosee & Sons, Inc. (Hudson, MA)
• Managed facility mechanical systems including building heat, process steam boiler for production floor, paint booth ventilation system, and electrical controls for process lines.
• Responsible for tracking and quality assurance of all metal finishing jobs coming in and going out of business, tracking numerous jobs on a daily basis.
• Primary contact with customers to ensure quality of work and maintain on-time efficiency to generate repeat business and resolve customer problems.
• Managed 12 employees on the shop floor in all process departments. Resolved employee problems.
• Primary contact and for all regulatory agencies including EPA, DEP, and OSHA. Facilitated and managed agency guidelines and change requests to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Emergency Operator for a Grade 1 WWT System.
Owner/Operator (11/2002-12/2007) GEB Construction (Marlborough, MA)
• Owned and operated handyman repair business focusing on small residential repair jobs, preventative maintenance programs and customer service excellence.
• Managed up to 4 employees at a time on jobsite.
Technical Services (9/2000 – 4/2004) Avtec industries (Hudson, MA)
• Responsible for coordination for testing of fire retardant products including flame and heat testing, sprayability, scalability, and batch quality.
• Maintained product and raw material inventory.
• Worked with sales management on creating presentations, company website, and product data sheets.
Metal Finisher (8/1996 – 9/2000)H. LaRosee & Sons, Inc.(Hudson, MA)
• Operated all process lines from Anodizing, Electroplating, and Spray Painting operations.
• Involved with all aspects of facility maintenance and all mechanical systems.
Porter & Chester Institute HVAC/R Program (1/2009-1/2010)
OSHA 10 Certified, EPA 608 Universal Certifacation
Mass DEP WWT Operators Training Grades 1-3 (1/1999- 4/1999)
Marlborough High School High School Diploma (1992-1996)
Experienced team lead, MS Office, Various production and business software applications.
Sounds nice, but being a business owner I would be looking for skills associated with HVAC diagnostics/repairs if I were to hire you as a service tech.
Such as: Controls experience, furnace experience residential/commercial repairs, models/brands, boiler experience - hot water/steam - residential/commercial, RTU experience - packaged/split systems, refrigeration experience, economizer experience, sheet metal experience, gas piping etc. etc.
One just doesnt get out of school and be given the keys to a service van and let loose....this is a recipe for disaster.
You may be hired in as an apprentice until such a time that your skills can be proven or that you acquire enough hands on time to be given those service van keys.
"The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."
good advice. I do have some exp, and I tried to convey that. I will try and insert more specific things exp. wise.
I do expect to start out as an apprentice, thats cool. Its getting my foot in the door for an interveiw with employers, not having them assuming I know nothing and am wet behind the ears.
this resume seemed to generate enormous amounts of attention