Hybrid View

Unhappy Bryant 383kav Upflow Gas Furnace problems

I'm not sure if you guys can help me or not. I'm sorry if I'm on the wrong forum.
    I have a Bryant 383kav Upflow Gas Furnace that decided not to work on this could weather. I am insisting in fixing it my self, so I start reading and testing.
    Here are my conclusions so far:
    - when the thermostat kicks in the blower starts for about 90 sec after that the inducer fan start and the LED is blinking code 31.
    - I physically checked the all the parts, I did ran a test by jumping Com 24V to Test terminal and everything seems to be fine. I also ran a different test jumped R to W and the 31 code came on again.
    - the filter is new, the vent pipe is not blocked, the igniter and flame check electrode are all clean and good
    Tonight I will buy a measuring device to check all terminal for appropriate power voltage.
    The only thing I couldn't check was the gas valve, it doesn't click, I suspect that could be the problem.
    In the past we always had problems starting the furnace, but after couple start cycles it did go on and work just fine, this year it didn't.
    I need your advise to identify the faulty part and change.
    Thank you for you

NO DO-IT-YOURSELF HELP IS GIVEN HERE!

What you need to do is call a professionally licenced HVAC service company to work on your furnace.
    Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

If I would have money I would do that, but I don't. All these companies charge hundreds of dollars just to send somebody to your place. I don't make hundred of dollars a day. Thanks, but no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by andypara View Post
    If I would have money I would do that, but I don't. All these companies charge hundreds of dollars just to send somebody to your place. I don't make hundred of dollars a day. Thanks, but no thanks.
    You should be proud of yourself for putting your family's lives at risk...
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

As you know people do anything for money .....
    Bottom line, none of these comments helped me, so thanks a lot.

Just maybe you should have read this sites rules..."before" you posted....

I understand, sorry I did not take the time to read the rules. I understand the liability issue, I was looking for a DIY forum and this is not. I'll delete my post.
    Thank you.

While you don't make hundreds of dollars a day. Neither do the techs that are sent to your house.

However. A large amount of money is spent training, and keeping them trained. Along with maintaining an inventory on their truck.

good luck.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?