Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trane Intellicrap

I don't know about up north but here in the south it seems that the high humidity kills trane coils FAST this is not coating coming off it's corrosion and it sucks! It builds like scale and stops air flow. In time those coils will leak like a sprinkler.

Did you give the coil leprosy your arm doesnt look to good there?
    Global Warming or: None like it hot
    No pleasure, no rapture, no exquisite sin greater... than central air. -Dogma

Thats what came off of the coil just from a good ol hose and water

OHHHH I almost forgot HA! Guess what the guys from trane said to do to the coil hehehehehe lol lol lol to get some white viniger and lem juice and apply HAHAHAHA the coffie went thru my nose haha when I hurd that. What the F$%k is going on in this nation when you get some half assed info like that from Trane. I remember when companies actually friken hired people who knew what the hell they were doing!

Inteelicrap

Are you near the ocean? salt in the air will attack coils.They make prtective coatings to spray on coils to protect them from the elements. Of course they must be applied before the coil gets corrosion, When the coil is new.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleng View Post
    Are you near the ocean?
    NAH! He's in Florida. No saltwater for thousands of miles.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishvacman View Post
    ...lol to get some white viniger and lem juice and apply
    And you cook the fish and chips on the discharge line. An industry first.

Looks like the crap I deal with everyday, which is located right next to the ocean. One guy has a chiller running about a 265 head with outside temps averaging 65 degrees.

Yeah florida were either next to salt water or in a swamp lol those coils would have to be seriously cleaned up before something like an aluminized coating was applied also take into acct that if it's not 100 deg's on the roof it's raining cats and dogs high humidity we also have allot of ozone here it's like if one thing dosn't kill a unit here another will. If i'm not sweatin I better get to getten.

I have 40 100% outside air addison units on a bld coils coated and all, the bld is right on the ocean, 4 years in and the coils are refrigerant sprinkler systems/ though someone may have tried to clean those coils with an acid and killed the coating but who knows for sure.

Wink

i can honestly say that up here in pa ive never seen any corrode that fast. or many corrode at all even. we have an account with 22 rtus 20 to 30 ton trane that we just replaced the first one due to coil leakage. they are all from 1987 i believe so hopefully we will be replacing more shortly. hey its job security for you guys down there.

That doesn't look like any kind of corrosion I've ever seen.

So what is the ratio of lemon juice, vinegar, and water? I'd like to know for the next time I clean the coils on an intellipak. I'm also curious as to which Trane office gave you that information, or more specifically who...

This was from trane I don't know who, my boss got the info I hurd laughed so hard i missed the rest of the info the tech that went to try it reports that crap didn't work.

I get the reasoning, that mix will clean copper and I remember five or six years ago some cleaning paste stuff but who really knows. I'll let the "pros" at trane figure out what next lol. I thought it was a coating that was coming off.

what is that gray and yellow tank used for? never seen one before....
    "Semper Fi"

Turn it over and use it for a seat, my friend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast