Thread: Blower Question

Blower Question

I have a Preway Zero clearance fireplace. I think the model is BE41ST, the plate is not in good shape. It has a blower built into it however either the engineers were morons or it was installed wrong. There is a void under and over the fireplace with vents. The blower is in the lower void. The brick that the fire burns on is above the lower void so there is no heat for the blower to push through. All the heat rises, obviously, and heats the top of the fire box. Is it possible for it to be installed in the wrong location??

Thanks,
    Dan

I'm not familiar with that brand, but most FP fans pull air in from the bottom and blow it up around the rear of the firebox and out the top. I have seen one low end unit that just had two little prop fans in the bottom that blew (barely) straight out, but it was a cheap POS unit.
    Where are you? Are you done yet? I got ONE more call for you.....

Forgot an important fact, it is a see through fireplace. It is between two rooms and open to both rooms.

Yes, that was an important little tidbit! Most 2 or 3 sided FPs have the fans in the top. Do you have the owners/install manual? Or the name of the installing company?

Edit: It appears Preway has been out of business for a while. You may just have to live with it the way it is, or upgrade to a new and more efficient unit.
    Where are you? Are you done yet? I got ONE more call for you.....