Digital Manifold

A new item at the local supply house is a "Digimon 3" manufactured by Refco.This digital manifold has two terminals for temp. calculates superheat and subcooling, measures microns of vacuum and is capable of SST/LST for 50 different refrigerants. It is surprisingly inexpensive for all that it does.
    Is there anyone in the field using this insturment that could provide a review?

Coming soon "Pokemon" amp probe.

We have 5 sets with only problem being knobs which were replaced, 5 year warranty, do not like micron gauge, but for the price have been good gauges!

I bought a set of digimons but I don't think it was the 3. I didn't like them and now they are a decoration in my van. They didn't read low pressure very well. I think anything under 5-10psig would read 0 which is fine most of the time but I would like to be able to see those pressures as well. Micron gauge didn't work, to hard to scroll through the different refrigerants. I would by something nicer if I were you.

Looks like a great tool for the price, make reading superheat a breeze and works for 410a, I want one. Does it have a hook?

Tony
    Call for Heat means get more firewood

I've gotten by just fine for 15 years with my "old fashioned" manifold, thermometer, and a PT chart. I just can't justify spending money on a digital.

The convenience of multiple functions in one package makes sense to me. The cost of the three tools separately would be more than the Digimon. I'm always looking for excuses to buy new tools anyway.

Tony
    Call for Heat means get more firewood