Work in Puget Sound(Wa State) area?

Anyone know if there is any work in the Puget Sound area,Bremerton down and around to Seattle?. My wife wants to move back to the area and said if i can find a job i can move ahead and get settled into work before she moves up. I am graduating from hvac school this month and can move up there anytime after that. If anyone knows of any companies i'd appreciate it,thank's alot.

I work for a company based out of auburn wa. that does both commercial hvac and refrigeration and resi hvac we are staying busy. we are not hiring at this time but the industry up here is pretty solid. I would contact the local supply houses... rsd, thermal supply,gensco etc. to get list of who is hiring. source refrigeration always seems to be looking for people up here!!

Quote Originally Posted by croake View Post
    I work for a company based out of auburn wa. that does both commercial hvac and refrigeration and resi hvac we are staying busy. we are not hiring at this time but the industry up here is pretty solid. I would contact the local supply houses... rsd, thermal supply,gensco etc. to get list of who is hiring. source refrigeration always seems to be looking for people up here!!
    Thank's alot,i will check with them.

source refrigeration always seems to be looking for people up here!!
    Why is that?

workload i suppose?!? possibly high turn over

I hear a lot of bad talk from guys about Source. I have met some guys from out west who work for them at different schools. And not only are the guys I met pretty nice guys but pretty sharp too. I have met I think 6 guys from Source from out west all solid dudes, and they seem to love the Company.

If I ever moved out that way I would consider them.

I have had the same experience with the guys at source as dowadudda!! all seem solid and decent. In the puget sound area the supermarket refrigeration guys are 99% union, where source is non union... my guess is that they have a hard time getting quality techs due to the compensation package the union offers, can't be touched by most non union contractors.

they have a hard time getting quality techs due to the compensation package the union offers, can't be touched by most non union contractors.
    This is what I've been told as well. Down here in the Southwest and SoCal, the Union and merit shops are pretty close, where up there...not so much. Kroger tried to get something going up there as well, but going non-union and the available talent pool did not help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    I hear a lot of bad talk from guys about Source. I have met some guys from out west who work for them at different schools. And not only are the guys I met pretty nice guys but pretty sharp too. I have met I think 6 guys from Source from out west all solid dudes, and they seem to love the Company.

If I ever moved out that way I would consider them.
    Like every large company, the ones speaking badly about the company also speak the loudest. I liked Scott Polar, aka Edison Source, aka Source; learned a lot and because of a couple guys there, has stepped up my game in this field.
    Last edited by smilies; 10-19-2009 at 03:22 AM.

one of my closest work friends over the last 15 years. relocated to this area (greater puget sound) with tormont industries/ scott polar in 1990. we have worked together on and off for 15 years at two different companys. He loved the company but local mgt changed in 1994 which led to our first stint as coworkers. this guy is as sharp as they come and very humble on top of it all!!! He says it was the experince he got at scott polar that made him the service tech he is today!! the place we work today is his favorite place he has worked as well as mine too!!! the company is non-union but very tech friendly!!!! I do have a lot respect for the union and gratitude for the great working conditions we enjoy in the trade today. both my co-worker and I have done stints in the union... Me early in my career mid 80's waited 2 years for a aprenticeship slot as i worked as a tradesman... affirmitive action and all made the wait too long! had a wife with a baby on the way, $6.47 an hour didnt go along way then so i jumped for a whooping $12.50 an hour non-union job and all has worked out well for me. my co- worker did his stint late 90's at a primarily supermarket outfit. but he burned out on the long days and late nights that are part of supermarket service. so we both now work at a place where we get alot variety.. ice machines,rooftop package with vvt zoning, parallel racks, walkins,reachins, liebert computer rooms,chillers etc... im sure i had a point when i started this post but now im just rambling.. there a little story about my career in this wonderful/tough industry and my experince with a source guy.. thanks for reading!!!!

Source is a great company! I might be a little biased though
    The good thing about non union is you take your retirement with you and you can work wherever. Not that there is anything wrong with the union which I have worked for.
    I would put my total pay package against the the union any day. Also you get full pay for travel One of my union buddy has to take a pay cut for travel and any local stuff travel is not paid.
    Last edited by thethomas4; 10-19-2009 at 11:06 PM. Reason: union buddy

My best service buddies son-in-law works for Source in the South Seattle area. He loves it. Lots of variety. Lots of convenient stores. Lots of small to large refrigeration. No one pushes him around or limits his ability to learn. And it seems like a place where he can expand into management, controls or most anything else. It's a large place so there is some turnover from what I hear. But I don't think it's anymore than anywhere else.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835