crap, it works now...

Name:  downsized_1014091324.jpg
Views: 755
Size:  54.3 KB

I'm guessing they were renters and moving out of the store soon, and the owner wouldn't pay for a proper fix.
    Been there, what do you do, lose the whole account or do what the property owner says and fix it.
    Thats why I work for myself now, I'll walk from that situation before rigging crap. Got sick of being the middle man between the tenant and owner.

help me a little, what is the fix to what problem?

Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    help me a little, what is the fix to what problem?
    That track & alltread setup is all that is supporting those cond. fans.That rtu needs to be replaced,(not hacked).Looks like the panels are rusted out.Or at the least they could have fabbed some new panels.
    Anything worth doing,is worth doing RIGHT the FIRST time around!!!

That unistrut has been there awhile, some mook probably rigged it up to stop vibration more than anything else.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

sum customers dont want the noise & vibration that might have been causing & dont see the need to replace & or fix with new .. many i know prefer it to look that way if it saves in the pocket .. guess out of site out of mind

Look if you say you havent getto-fied something in your career so that the customer might get that few weeks or months out of the unit untill they can replace it then you havent worked in this biz for long. Everybody has had to rig something every now and then, it's when that temp fix becomes a perm fix that is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishvacman View Post
    Look if you say you havent getto-fied something in your career so that the customer might get that few weeks or months out of the unit untill they can replace it then you havent worked in this biz for long. Everybody has had to rig something every now and then, it's when that temp fix becomes a perm fix that is the problem.
    But they always become permanent fixes. If they dont want it fixed right i dont work for them anymore. Its bad business and it lowers you as a mechanic. ..........................unless its your own house,thats different.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

The unit has been that way for at least 5 years, its a non-contract customer, pay-as-you-go.

John Culpepper is offline CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS Professional Member*
    Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    But they always become permanent fixes. If they dont want it fixed right i dont work for them anymore. Its bad business and it lowers you as a mechanic. ..........................unless its your own house,thats different.

It's too true. I've got a plumber buddy that had a piece of chain hanging out of his toilet tank to flush it.
    Nemo me impune lacessit.

How much blood do I have to bathe in to get clean?

Don't look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

I went to a non contract customers house for no heat. I found the most ghetto rigged wiring I had seen. It was done to get him temp heat back in march of this year, board appeared to be bad. They wired in a 30 sec on make delay for the gas valve and had a peanut relay set up for the inducer. good idea for a temp fix but not a permanent one.
    Thomas aka...spymoocow
    Quote Originally Posted by garya505 View Post
    Ah, sorry I thought that's what he meant. An inch shouldn't make that much difference (at least that's what I always tell my wife).